4.8.528649 firmware for Pro

got it on one of my 3 pros.
So I disabled the UPnP media interface and UPnP bridge plugins in LMS. Since only one of my WiiM Pros got the new firmware, only that device showed as a player (now) in Material. My Mini and 2 Audiocast streamers also did not show up. As of the posts in this and other threads, it is uncertain if the Mini's will get the Squeezelite firmware.

I don't know if there are other options to get Material to see the 2 Audiocast streamers. Maybe someone here will know as I am not good with the protocols. Those are in the garage and patio where sound quality is not important. My Mini is behind a boom box in my bathroom. The 3 devices are small and are perfect for their locations and use, but if needed they could be replaced with Pros, because.....

The the skipping issue seems to be fixed. I put on a CD (music folder) and manually skipped tracks. So far the "next" track was stable each time and I did not see any jumping to random tracks.

Without the UPnP Media Interface the WiiM Home App does not see my LMS library, so I don't think it will hurt to keep it until some better solution to be able to use a LMS library from the WHA.

No album art when playing from LMS to the Pro, so far...

A couple of things I had to do to get it to play:

1. It showed playing on Material Skin, but no sound on Pro. Switched Pro input to BT, then quickly back to WiFi, and it has sound, but very low.
2. Switched LMS from fixed volume back to controlled, set volume to 100%, then switched back to fixed volume. Volume levels correct now.

Anyone having the album art issue, and fixed it?

1. It showed playing on Material Skin, but no sound on Pro. Switched Pro input to BT, then quickly back to WiFi, and it has sound, but very low.
2. Switched LMS from fixed volume back to controlled, set volume to 100%, then switched back to fixed volume. Volume levels correct now.

Re album art, I’m not getting it when I play Radio Paradise on LMS bit do from Qobuz on LMS. Previously I would have said it didn’t appear at the start of a stream, but would after a track change on RP but that’s not working now.

I’ll put in a ticket.

I got album art. The sound was not great. I then seen the Material volume was at 50%. I was able to raise it to 94% (why not 100?), even though the settings in WiiM on that device are set to fixed (full) output. I again manually skipped tracks and there was no longer the track jumping issue.

Re album art, I’m not getting it when I play Radio Paradise on LMS bit do from Qobuz on LMS. Previously I would have said it didn’t appear at the start of a stream, but would after a track change on RP but that’s not working now.
The first run did delay the art, but it did display after a few seconds. My quick and dirty tries are only from my LMS files, not from a service.

I’ll put in a ticket.
OK, not getting album art from Tidal or Deezer via LMS, but do get it from my local LMS files.

A quick look at the DIDL from the Pro shows why. A simple programming error, @WiiM Team :

<upnp:albumArtURI>http://192.168.68.121:9000http://resources.tidal.com/images/3a0de5a3/2c25/4940/ab5a/e48e60c31004/1280x1280.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI>

Last edited:
No one should expect the WHA to be a squeezebox controller. Use the LMS web interface. IPeng, or the current state of art web interface with the Material skin. It’s easiest to save a browser view of the YourIP:9000/material address as a Home Screen app (assuming android has something similar to the iOS method). @d6jg - you wanna chime in… forget everything you know about the WiiM or WHA when using any squeezelite player. You need to set fixed volume in the LMS settings player by player.

And what’s really cool is I can use my Pi touchscreen picoreplayer with the Jivelite UI to control any of my “squeezed” Wiims throughout the music mansion. Just no VU meters. That is if any of my Pros would update.😢

No one should expect the WHA to be a squeezebox controller. Use the LMS web interface. IPeng, or the current state of art web interface with the Material skin. It’s easiest to save a browser view of the YourIP:9000/material address as a Home Screen app (assuming android has something similar to the iOS method). @d6jg - you wanna chime in… forget everything you know about the WiiM or WHA when using any squeezelite player. You need to set fixed volume in the LMS settings player by player.
Basic control works for WHA or any other application as long as it uses the WiiM UPnP service.

Basic control works for WHA or any other application as long as it uses the WiiM UPnP service.
Oh for sure, I’m talking native squeezelite. It’s kinda like we don’t expect them to recreate anybody else’s full service app in their interface. Native squeezelite is so much more rock solid as would be expected from the UPnP dumpster fire.

I got album art. The sound was not great. I then seen the Material volume was at 50%. I was able to raise it to 94% (why not 100?), even though the settings in WiiM on that device are set to fixed (full) output. I again manually skipped tracks and there was no longer the track jumping issue.
Keep pushing volume up...it will go to 100%
It defaults to 50% whenever a new device is detected
Personally, I always use 100% on all devices, I use either a passive volume control or the volume on computer speakers for volume

OK, not getting album art from Tidal or Deezer via LMS, but do get it from my local LMS files.

A quick look at the DIDL from the Pro shows why. A simple programming error, @WiiM Team :

<upnp:albumArtURI>http://192.168.68.121:9000http://resources.tidal.com/images/3a0de5a3/2c25/4940/ab5a/e48e60c31004/1280x1280.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI>
Looks like imageproxy missing. No issue in case of Qobuz:

Keep pushing volume up...it will go to 100%
It defaults to 50% whenever a new device is detected
Personally, I always use 100% on all devices, I use either a passive volume control or the volume on computer speakers for volume
If you’re new to LMS and squeezeboxes it’s super important to first go to the LMS Settings/Players/Audio page for each squeezebox player (that’s your WiiM now) to set fixed volume. That’s how it works in the LMS universe.

Back