Accessing a pi NAS

Anglepen

I have a rasp pi running Volumio that I have set up as a NAS running mini DLNA plugin so I can share my 1tb ssd drive to my Wiim pro plus.
Now all is fine and the Wiim sees and reads the drive just fine, but when I click to play an album it just skips through each track in a second and fails to play anything?!
Any ideas what’s going wrong?

They are all Flac files, volumio reads them perfectly, not sure what you
Mean about transcoding?
Transcoding is converting from one format to another, but flac should be fine. How are your files named, and can you play them ok from apps like BubbleUPNP or mConnect?

Can you successfully use mconnect to play to any other DLNA/UPnP speakers, or even locally to the phone?

Does that screenshot indicate that you're using AirPlay rather than DLNA?
In the PlayTo section is there another WiiM device with an image that looks a bit like a set of headphones? It should be under UPnP devices.

Last edited:
Does Volumio appear under UPnP devices in mconnect, and does it play?

It appears, and loads but doesn’t play, no error messages but the track never budges from zero, it can see all my artists and albums.

IMG_5074.png

It sounds like it could be a permissions problem (the metadata is delivered differently). An easy way to test would be to curl one of the URLs, but I don't know how to get the URLs of the streams from mconnect.
I take it you don't have any other UPnP devices?
What permissions do you have set on your music files and folders? Did you have to provide Volumio with a user id to your files?

It is going to be permissions for sure. When the WiiM tries to read the files it is connecting as a guest so you will need to ensure that you give everyone including guest (unauthenticated user) read access.

Huzzah!! It’s sorted! There was a setting in the setup of the dnla extension in volumio called ‘wide links’ enabling this has fixed my problem!!
I would like to thank everyone that helped me painstakingly this morning.
Great family.

It is going to be permissions for sure. When the WiiM tries to read the files it is connecting as a guest so you will need to ensure that you give everyone including guest (unauthenticated user) read access.
The files are being served over http so you don't need to open up everything at the OS level. The only reason I was thinking permissions is because it's working for Volumio itself (accessing directly) but not for anything over http.

Back