AI Album Searching

Angelos58

Major Contributor
Is there an app or a web site for searching music album, with Help of AI for example, to obtaining all information about an album, images lyrics booklet. No music only Text and Pictures.

Also booklet? I don’t understand why is so difficult finding original booklet, not for downloading but at least for consulting on line.

For some classical music you can find the booklets in Qobuz. Roon also could be helpful. So is JPlay.
But there must be a reason to buy CDs. If I would be a decision maker in the industry I would also spare this goodie for the paying clients. And to stream does not mean to pay!

Yes, they charge yearly. No idea how much, the credit cards are administrated by my wife ;)
They have a test phase. Some people call it kind of Roon Lite. What is far away from true. But just now I am waiting for the new cheap Nucleus One and use JPlay, Qobuz and Tidal are integrated. No idea how it performs with stored music.

Sorry, i didn’t understand. Works or dorsn’t work with WiiM Pro Plus? I would use it with iPad. Could be loss of quality respect the WiiM home app?

Sorry, i didn’t understand. Works or dorsn’t work with WiiM Pro Plus? I would use it with iPad. Could be loss of quality respect the WiiM home app?
LMS is an alternative media server which can play to a WiiM device using its Squeezelite client (or via a plugin for the Mini). It runs on a separate server such as a Raspberry Pi as shown in that link. I control it via my iPad and it sends the tracks at their full resolution to your WiiM. Those tracks can be from your local library or from Qobuz, Tidal and other services. If you’ve heard of Roon, it’s like a free cut down version of that.

JP works with WiiM.
I am referring solely to the JP app. Not necessary for this app to run any instance like Roon or LMS.
It is available for iOS only. So iPad is fine.
But as I am sorry to be not on their payroll I will not make further advertising ;)

LMS is an alternative media server which can play to a WiiM device using its Squeezelite client (or via a plugin for the Mini). It runs on a separate server such as a Raspberry Pi as shown in that link. I control it via my iPad and it sends the tracks at their full resolution to your WiiM. Those tracks can be from your local library or from Qobuz, Tidal and other services. If you’ve heard of Roon, it’s like a free cut down version of that.
The easiest way is a Raspberry PI? Alternative?

You can run LMS on a PC but the PC would obviously need to be on for you to access LMS and play to your WiiM device. The most straightforward way of installing LMS on a Raspberry Pi is by using the piCorePlayer build, but even that requires some IT knowledge/skill.

Installing it on a PC just to try it out may be the easiest way to get a flavour of what it offers, but longer term a dedicated server like a Raspberry Pi is a better way to go.

Back