Auto sensing of Optical Input is too fast

Sorry for a semi off-topic question:
Can anyone explain how auto-sensing should behave in the following situation:
- my TV is connected to my AMP via line-in (only option I have at the moment)
- I have auto-sensing enabled on line input
- If the AMP is off, when I switch on the TV, the AMP switches on and line-in is active (that's OK)
- When the AMP is on and I listen to Internet radio (for example) and switch on the TV, nothing changes - AMP stays on the radio station (is this OK?)
My understanding of auto-sensing is that when I switch the TV on, the AMP should switch to that input, regardless of the input that was active before. Am I wrong?
Thank you
If you stop the radio station playing it might switch to the TV. WiFi or Ethernet always takes priority.

Sorry for a semi off-topic question:
Can anyone explain how auto-sensing should behave in the following situation:
- my TV is connected to my AMP via line-in (only option I have at the moment)
- I have auto-sensing enabled on line input
- If the AMP is off, when I switch on the TV, the AMP switches on and line-in is active (that's OK)
- When the AMP is on and I listen to Internet radio (for example) and switch on the TV, nothing changes - AMP stays on the radio station (is this OK?)
My understanding of auto-sensing is that when I switch the TV on, the AMP should switch to that input, regardless of the input that was active before. Am I wrong?
Thank you

In my previous experience, I had to turn on the TV after I stopped the internet radio (streaming).

Yep, this is deliberate / as intended.
Some time ago some people 'complained' that their wiims switched input when they turned the tv on while they were listening to music.
Another one of those situations where there will always be someone who wants it to behave the other way, and without an app setting to allow a choice, this is what it does.

Yep, this is deliberate / as intended.
Some time ago some people 'complained' that their wiims switched input when they turned the tv on while they were listening to music.
Another one of those situations where there will always be someone who wants it to behave the other way, and without an app setting to allow a choice, this is what it does.
Thank you
So, this is correct behaviour.
It would be logical to me that if auto-sensing is switched on for an input, user wants the device to switch to that input.
That's what I would expect at least, since for me that's the essence of the feature, isn't it?

that's the essence of the feature, isn't it?

Indeed, it might seem logical to assume so.
And it does, if nothing is being streamed over wifi/ethernet :)
I can see both points of view, but imo it should be an option.
But there could/would be so many such options in the app if users were given full control over such things!

As slarti wrote, you need to stop streaming first and then it will auto switch when line in is detected.
In which case why not just switch it yourself? (That was a rhetorical question!)

As soon as.more than just one input (including network) is carrying a signal there is absolutely no "natural" logic what should happen. It always depends on what which user wants at that point in time. And expectations might change, depending on outer circumstances. TV evening with the family? Party time? Intimate listening session? There is no way to always please everyone.

But there could/would be so many such options in the app if users were given full control over such things!
Exactly. Just making more and more settings user configurable doesn't necessarily mean making more users happy.

Thank you
So, this is correct behaviour.
It would be logical to me that if auto-sensing is switched on for an input, user wants the device to switch to that input.
That's what I would expect at least, since for me that's the essence of the feature, isn't it?
I really like the auto sensing behavior of my Sonos Port. The TV is plugged into line input, and auto sensing is turned on. Nothing happens unless the TV is turned on and produces sound. When a show starts, the Sonos switches. I suppose there are situations where you don’t want to happen. There’s always something.

I really like the auto sensing behavior of my Sonos Port. The TV is plugged into line input, and auto sensing is turned on. Nothing happens unless the TV is turned on and produces sound. When a show starts, the Sonos switches. I suppose there are situations where you don’t want to happen. There’s always something.
That's exactly what I want to happen - otherwise, I could turn the auto-sensing off for that particular input and switch manually. For me, that's logical behavior.

Back