Bluetooth Stutter

Shozzer

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

I tested again with my Bluetooth devices.

---[Devices & Music source]-------

[A. WiiM Pro ] (Ethernet / Wi-Fi)
[B. WiiM Mini ]
(Both DNS/off, IPv6/off, 5GHz only/on)

[1. Huawei freebuds pro 2 ] (BT 5.2)
[2. Panasonic RP-HD500B ] (BT 4.2)
[3. Echo dot 4th gen ] (Wi-Fi 5 / BT 5.?)

router : Tp-link ax73
(IPv6/off , Band steering/off)

Amazon music from WHA
AlexaCast
Spotify connect

---[Result]-------

[A. WiiM Pro ] (Ethernet / Wi-Fi)

[1] No problem with all playback
[2] No problem with all playback
(* There is no problem with multi-point connection.)

[3] Frequent drops on Wi-Fi connections
> Turning "Enable Wi-Fi" on and off several times solved the problem.

[B. WiiM Mini ]
No problem with all playback

---[Remarks]-------

I'm having a few issues when pairing a WiiM Pro with a Wi-Fi connection to my Echo dot.
  • No sound when switching from SpotifyConnect to AlexaCast
  • Frequent drops
  • It takes a long time to unpair
It's unclear whether these issues are caused by WiiM or Alexa. However, assuming Alexa is the culprit, we suggest the following troubleshooting.
  • Unpairing a WiiM remote
  • Sign out of Alexa in the WiiM app
Next, change the router settings.
  • Turn off IPv6 , DNS
  • Turn off band steering
* Whether or not these are effective has not been verified.

And the previous proposal.
  • Turning Fixed Volume On/Off
  • Clear Volume Limit
  • Reinstalling WHA

My two WiiM works fine with two headphones as a Bluetooth transmitter. For this reason, I think it is most likely due to device-specific glitches or network issues.

I don't know what kind of Bluetooth IC the WiiM has, but it may not be a high-performance chip like a smartphone. 🤔??

Thanks for your help.

I use my Wiimamp with an ethernet connection.
Never had any issues before with my Dali or the moondrop space travels.
Ik will try setting fixed volume off,what setting do i have to change with the volume limit?, what do you mean by WHA?

Could be it's not a high performance chip like a smartphone.
I must mention with my Daliio6 there was never an issue also on my pc or tv.
I use this headphone daily to connect them to my tv never had any dropouts or stuttering.

The Jabras and my Shanling work fine with the Wiimamp.
I will ask WIIM through the app let's see what they have to say.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
What happens when you connect to the WiiM Amp? Are you getting dropouts and stutter and is it only with the Dali and Moondrop Space Travel headphones?

Steve

Thanks for your help.

I use my Wiimamp with an ethernet connection.
Never had any issues before with my Dali or the moondrop space travels.
Ik will try setting fixed volume off,what setting do i have to change with the volume limit?, what do you mean by WHA?

Could be it's not a high performance chip like a smartphone.
I must mention with my Daliio6 there was never an issue also on my pc or tv.
I use this headphone daily to connect them to my tv never had any dropouts or stuttering.
The Jabras and my Shanling work fine with the Wiimamp.
I will ask WIIM through the app let's see what they have to say.
Thanks for all the help.

What happens when you connect to the WiiM Amp? Are you getting dropouts and stutter and is it only with the Dali and Moondrop Space Travel headphones?

Steve
Yes with these two devices i have lots of stuttering. With the moondrop space travel its so huge i cant listen to anything. The Dali is stuttering randomly..it plays good for a minute( or less) and then the stuttering,drop outs begin.

Yes its only with the Dali and Space travel.

That's what I wrote here. 🙂

Post in thread 'Bluetooth Stutter' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/bluetooth-stutter.1806/post-27798

In my previous experience, turning the fixed volume on and off several times solved the noise issue.
I will try this maybe it will help. Thank you very much.

Another thing i mentoined before but what i am experiencing is when making the connection to the bleutooth devices i have to try several attemps to see the device pop up in the list. On the smartphone all goes much faster. It seems to me the bluetooth connection lacks behind..its seems to struggle to keep up the connection. Thats why its stuttering of thats why a drop out can occur??
I compare it to an internet tv( iptv) stream..when the first connection with a stream lacks behind its gonna stutter...
Connection with the moondrop space travel i had to try even more to see them in the list there where my smartphone recognizes the devices in an instant and the Moondrop space travel stutters heavily as is mentoined before.

I asked myself doesnt it have to do that you have to make the connection through the WIIM app? Don,t know if it has anything to do with it but on all my other devices you will have to make the connection on a tv/pc, smartphone itself rather than with an app first.
But im speculating here because the shanling of jabra,s don,t stutter when i make the connection but again i must say i have to try several attemps to see the device in the list.

Last edited:
Another thing i mentoined before but what i am experiencing is when making the connection to the bleutooth devices i have to try several attemps to see the device pop up in the list. On the smartphone all goes much faster. It seems to me the bluetooth connection lacks behind..its seems to struggle to keep up the connection. Thats why its stuttering of thats why a drop out can occur??
I compare it to an internet stream..when the first connection with a stream lacks behind its gonna stutter...
Connection with the moondrop space travel i had to try even more to see them in the list there where my smartphone recognizes the devices in an instant and the Moondrop space travel stutters heavily as is mentoined before.

I asked myself doesnt it have to do that you have to make the connection through the WIIM app? Don,t know if it has anything to do with it but on all my other devices you will have to make the connection on a tv/pc, smartphone itself rather than with an app first.
But im speculating here because the shanling of jabra,s don,t stutter when i make the connection but again i must say i have to try several attemps to see the device in the list.

You may already know this, but I'll write down my pairing method.

1. Unpair any devices (phones, etc...) that are paired to the headphones.

2. Put the headphones in pairing mode.

3. Open the Now Playing screen of the WiiM app.
4. Tap Audio Output.
IMG_20240131_212323.jpg

5. Tap Bluetooth (connect).
IMG_20240131_212349.jpg

6. Press the refresh icon in the upper right corner of the screen and wait for the device to appear.
7. When the device appears, tap it to pair.
IMG_20240131_212552.jpg

Thought i found the problem. My phone was still connnected to the Dali for instance. Had to set it to: Forget the device.
Connecting the Dali to the amp was again a real struggle. Non other devices connected to the Dali. Have do to several attemps to get in connected.
And then it did..i thougt maybe all will be fine. But after a few minutes the drop outs,stuttering begin again.

What is meant by fixed volume? I dont have this option in the app have set it to 100%.

Thought i found the problem. My phone was still connnected to the Dali for instance. Had to set it to: Forget the device.
Connecting the Dali to the amp was again a real struggle. Non other devices connected to the Dali. Have do to several attemps to get in connected.
And then it did..i thougt maybe all will be fine. But after a few minutes the drop outs,stuttering begin again.

What is meant by fixed volume? I dont have this option in the app have set it to 100%.

Device Settings (Gear icon) > Audio Settings
IMG_20240131_235356.jpg
I don't know if this will solve your problem.

You may also want to try a Dali reset to completely erase the pairing memory.

To reset Dali...
Press both the volume up and down buttons, and slide the power switch to the Bluetooth pairing position at the same time.

It's strange that after a few minutes Dali drops.
I don't have that kind of experience with Bluetooth devices. 🤔

Device Settings (Gear icon) > Audio Settings
View attachment 4859
I don't know if this will solve your problem.

You may also want to try a Dali reset to completely erase the pairing memory.

To reset Dali...
Press both the volume up and down buttons, and slide the power switch to the Bluetooth pairing position at the same time.

It's strange that after a few minutes Dali drops.
I don't have that kind of experience with Bluetooth devices. 🤔
I dont see the fixed volume slider. Have set the volume to 100%. Maybe thats why i dont see this?

Did reset the Dali to no avail...still dropouts,stuttering.
I must say the device struggles to find the Dali..must try several attemps to let is show up in te the list. The same with the other devices.
So strange there is no problem with the Jabra of the Shanling but with the Moondrop space travel and the Dalis.

I dont see the fixed volume slider. Have set the volume to 100%. Maybe thats why i dont see this?

Did reset the Dali to no avail...still dropouts,stuttering.
I must say the device struggles to find the Dali..must try several attemps to let is show up in te the list. The same with the other devices.
So strange there is no problem with the Jabra of the Shanling but with the Moondrop space travel and the Dalis.
Can you please post a screenshot of the Audio settings? Thank you.

Still not getting an answer from the support team? This may be a WIIM amp issue. Sorry, I don't have an amp so I can't test it.

Can you please post a screenshot of the Audio settings? Thank you.

Still not getting an answer from the support team? This may be a WIIM amp issue. Sorry, I don't have an amp so I can't test it.
I will..
Havent contacted them yet. Wanted to test a litte further. I will contact them tomorrow.

Back