Budget PiCore+LMS, powered monitors.

poohbear

For my budget system, I've ripped my c.500cd collection to flac on an SSD. Connected this library to an ethernet LMS/PiCore server on a Pi which feeds either the ethernet Wiim pro and a pair of powered AdamT5Cs or a couple of other WiFi speakers around the house. Can decide where to send music from any browser or the squeezer app, usually using my phone. Also enjoying streaming Tidal through the system.
Overall cost was incredibly reasonable. I had the Pi B+ lying around from years ago. The free Picoreplayer software will get a donation once I'm happy that it's all stable. No problems yet. The 1TB SSD for my library was £40. The powered Adam speakers £115 each, on offer new. Added some longer cables for £5. Used an old router lying about as a hub to connect it all up and and a power line ethernet plug to connect that to the tinternet which were also lying about. I'm really pleased with a starter system which is incredibly convenient + the crystal clear hidef sound of the monitors all-in for just over £400 + the cost of the Tidal sub. Chuffed!

Back