Can’t get Qobuz above cd quality on my ultra

Bozzz

When I stream Qobuz using the app directly with chromecast to my ultra no matter the resolution of what I’m playing just shows cd quality. I know chromecast can do 24/96.i have audio settings on max. When I go through the Wiim app music is played in full resolution. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Cleaning cache. Posted a couple pics. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3962.png
    IMG_3962.png
    300.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3963.jpeg
    IMG_3963.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
When I stream Qobuz using the app directly with chromecast to my ultra no matter the resolution of what I’m playing just shows cd quality. I know chromecast can do 24/96.i have audio settings on max. When I go through the Wiim app music is played in full resolution. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Cleaning cache. Posted a couple pics. Any ideas?
Hi @Bozzz
You could try BubbleUPnP on Android. I have 24/192, or Mconnect on IOS.
Same resolution

Do you experience that after you push play it takes around 10 seconds before the music start playing?

I hope would resolve asap. I like using the native app.
I do too. I’m trying to decide between Qobuz and tidal. Have them both correctly. Love tidal connect. On my stereo system I mostly listen to classical and jazz. Tidals recommendations are great. Qobuz lets me filter just those two genres which I like also. They both have their pluses and minuses.

I do too. I’m trying to decide between Qobuz and tidal. Have them both correctly. Love tidal connect. On my stereo system I mostly listen to classical and jazz. Tidals recommendations are great. Qobuz lets me filter just those two genres which I like also. They both have their pluses and minuses.
I have both as well. In my case, I find tidal has more music choices. Tidal connect work out of the box and qoboz rely on chromecast as it doesn’t have its own connect. Can you check on your system I find qoboz with same artist that the decay is bit longer and instrumental sounds realistic. I look online tidal vs qoboz that many claim qoboz sound better. I know I will get criticized on this.

I have both as well. In my case, I find tidal has more music choices. Tidal connect work out of the box and qoboz rely on chromecast as it doesn’t have its own connect. Can you check on your system I find qoboz with same artist that the decay is bit longer and instrumental sounds realistic. I look online tidal vs qoboz that many claim qoboz sound better. I know I will get criticized on this.
Qobuz streams at a slightly higher bitrate. I have a pretty decent revealing system and room. Honestly Apple to apples I can’t tell the difference.

I’ve checked the settings on the WiiM ultra and Qobuz. When I stream Qobuz through the app I just get cd quality which admittedly sounds great. But the same song through Qobuz on the wiim app is 24/192. All audio settings are set to highest quality. But their the Qobuz app never gets above cd resolution. Am I doing something wrong?

I’ve checked the settings on the WiiM ultra and Qobuz. When I stream Qobuz through the app I just get cd quality which admittedly sounds great. But the same song through Qobuz on the wiim app is 24/192. All audio settings are set to highest quality. But their the Qobuz app never gets above cd resolution. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm guessing you use the Qobuz app with Airplay2...

No. Not at all. Chrome cast. Or go directly through the Wiim app.

I'm guessing you use the Qobuz app with Airplay2...
It’s weird I thought chromecast was supposed to do 24/96. But starts at cd quality no matter what. Audio quality settings are maxed out.

Back