Can someone help me access my *.FLAC library on my Ubuntu server, from the Wiim app please?

M1ke2345

I’ve spent the last few weeks ripping my entire CD collection and I’m currently copying it to what I think is the right shared folder on the server (Tank>Music), But the WiiM app can’t see anything.

Having said that, I have Emby Premiere and I can see the files using the Emby app on my phone, so something works, but I want to be able to use my Wiims/app to play the music wherever I fancy.

I’d imagine that should be sufficient for the WiiM Home app to see the server under Home Music Share unless there’s an issue with your firewall or network.

Is your Emby server on the same network as your WiiM device and WiiM Home app?

The Ubuntu server is hard wired.

It’s not that the WiiM app can’t see it, it’s just that when I click on it, it doesn’t show any folders.

Possible you need to allow device access from the server side? Otherwise it's just open insecure system. ie in Mediamonkey first time my UPNP device (my phone with MM) MM on the PC pop up asked "do you want this IP device access to your library?"

It shows the media server, but nothing happens when I click on it.
Sounds more like an issue on the Emby server end rather than the WiiM Home/mConnect app end then. Does Emby need to index the folder contents before it makes them accessible to upnp clients? I’d maybe post on some Emby forum as well as it doesn’t appear to be just a WiiM Home app issue.

The Ubuntu server is hard wired.

It’s not that the WiiM app can’t see it, it’s just that when I click on it, it doesn’t show any folders.
It's possible that the access permissions for the folders are too restrictive.

sudo chmod -R 666 /path/to/music

666 sets a very permissive read+write access for anyone on your network which is fine for home use

Sounds more like an issue on the Emby server end rather than the WiiM Home/mConnect app end then. Does Emby need to index the folder contents before it makes them accessible to upnp clients? I’d maybe post on some Emby forum as well as it doesn’t appear to be just a WiiM Home app issue.
Everything is fine using Emby, I don’t have any Emby issues.

I mentioned Emby only to highlight the fact that the server is sharing.

It’s accessing the music from my WiiM app that is my issue.

Back