Can someone help me access my *.FLAC library on my Ubuntu server, from the Wiim app please?

M1ke2345

I’ve spent the last few weeks ripping my entire CD collection and I’m currently copying it to what I think is the right shared folder on the server (Tank>Music), But the WiiM app can’t see anything.

Having said that, I have Emby Premiere and I can see the files using the Emby app on my phone, so something works, but I want to be able to use my Wiims/app to play the music wherever I fancy.

Everything is fine using Emby, I don’t have any Emby issues.

I mentioned Emby only to highlight the fact that the server is sharing.

It’s accessing the music from my WiiM app that is my issue.
The Emby app might be connecting through a proprietary protocol, so this doesn't proof anything.

If mConnect cannot find any music this is a proof that the DLNA server is not accessible (for to be determined reasons). You received a couple of suggestions, already.

It's possible that the access permissions for the folders are too restrictive.

sudo chmod -R 666 /path/to/music

666 sets a very permissive read+write access for anyone on your network which is fine for home use
It's only Emby that needs read access to the files/folders, as metadata and audio are served to control points/renderers over an internal http server.

Everything is fine using Emby, I don’t have any Emby issues.

I mentioned Emby only to highlight the fact that the server is sharing.

It’s accessing the music from my WiiM app that is my issue.
Wiim devices currently don’t support SMB/CIFS file shares so need a DLNA/UPNP server to deliver those tracks. Hence the questions about enabling DLNA on Emby. If mConnect can’t see them either, then it’s an issue with that DLNA server.

Whilst it doesn't look like Emby likes my file layout (AlbumArtist/Album/CDXX), once I'd enabled DLNA, Emby and the albums did appear in the WiiM Home App. In trying to work out the correct file layout for Emby I removed my library and replaced it with a subset, and after a rescan I did see the same behaviour you described, but only for a short time, so whilst the scanning progress had completed there was clearly something still going on.

Does the default user you've selected on the DLNA settings page have access to the library?

I tested with 4.8.7.0 on Windows.

Last edited:
Back