Chromecast keeps disconnecting

There is a delay in connection between Ultra and YT Music. You must wait around 15 seconds after you click send to Wiim until the song starts.

When you pause the song and switch it to next one, sometimes, for 2 second, the old one is still playing, and only later the track is switched.

Some other very little (~2 seconds) delays sometimes appear in different situations.

The last one is maybe (or maybe not) my mistaken imagination. I feel that sometimes the quality of the song is terrible, literally, tragic. I don't know what it is, but sometimes it's like listening to a slightly better radio with bass. As I don't see quality on the Wiim screen, I cannot say more.

Any known issue with YT Music? I'm upgrading from Pro to Ultra (ordered yesterday) and I only use chromecast to cast YT Music, which isn't supported by Wiim app.
YouTube music issues get fixed very quickly. They are both Google products after all.

If the Google Cast team identified an issue, they can directly create a ticket to the YouTube music team. I wouldn’t worry about it.

There is a delay in connection between Ultra and YT Music. You must wait around 15 seconds after you click send to Wiim until the song starts.

When you pause the song and switch it to next one, sometimes, for 2 second, the old one is still playing, and only later the track is switched.

Some other very little (~2 seconds) delays sometimes appear in different situations.
The first issue is real, but the optimization will be enabled in Q4 this year.

The second issue is because YTmusic sends data to your device less frequently. If you unplug your Ethernet cable or the wireless router, YT music can continue to play for at least 20 seconds. That’s how much data it buffers. Sometimes after switching to another song, it takes time to get the data for the next song because it has just got the data for the current song.

Last edited:
Is there something like Chromecast version that should be updated manually or something?

No, it's part of the firmware.

You can update the Google Home app on your phone, but it's not directly involved in playing music (unless you use it for grouiping devices or adjusting the volume, which does have an impact the moment you do it, of course).

Reactions: sNc
I just bought a wiim ultra. I am having trouble getting music to cast to my Wiim using chromecast. Most apps will play for 13-15 seconds and then start to stutter playing the beginning of the song. One app Nugs does not play at all and has an error in the app that I am offline, even though I am not. I updated my wiim to the latest firmware when I received it yesterday.

All of these apps work fine when casting to my old chomecast audio.

Is this the same as this known problem, if not any ideas on how to fix my problem.

I just bought a wiim ultra. I am having trouble getting music to cast to my Wiim using chromecast. Most apps will play for 13-15 seconds and then start to stutter playing the beginning of the song. One app Nugs does not play at all and has an error in the app that I am offline, even though I am not. I updated my wiim to the latest firmware when I received it yesterday.

Is this the same as this known problem, if not any ideas on how to fix my problem.
Best submitting a ticket to WiiM via the settings/ feedback section in the app so they can identify whether it's part of the same issue some others are experiencing.

I had a very similar problem. They put me on a white list, it made my Ultra install the previous chromecast SDK. That works well. Wiim is working with google to get the newest chromecast SDK to work properly

I had a very similar problem. They put me on a white list, it made my Ultra install the previous chromecast SDK. That works well. Wiim is working with google to get the newest chromecast SDK to work properly
It's funny you explicitly mention this. So far I thought they would roll you back to some older firmware, but just a couple of minutes ago it stroke me that they can really support the "classic" ChromeCast SDK ...

What did you have to do to get on a white list to get the previous chromecast installed on your ultra? Because I'm getting sick of not being able to chromecast to my Ultra...

What did you have to do to get on a white list to get the previous chromecast installed on your ultra? Because I'm getting sick of not being able to chromecast to my Ultra...
I reported the problem via the feedback option in the app. Detail the issue. Maybe even include you spoke with a member that talked about being put on a whitelist for the same problem. Do it in the app that way all the needed logs from the Ultra are available to them.

I reported the problem via the feedback option in the app. Detail the issue. Maybe even include you spoke with a member that talked about being put on a whitelist for the same problem. Do it in the app that way all the needed logs from the Ultra are available to them.
Thanks! I'll try that.

I don’t know what this new chromecast bring to the table from previous other than to cause us misery. I’m not interested on technical detail just give us that works.

Does that firmware version give you USB out?

As I understand it,it's not a previous firmware but just an older version of chromecast implementation you get. @Thebrenn1 can you confirm this?
That would be my understanding. It's the previous chromecast SDK is the only change. I haven't used the usb so I can't answer to that.

Back