Chromecast keeps disconnecting

Just got the Ultra firmware update below. Anyone know whether the Chromecast SDK Update (item #4) fixes most of the issues in this thread? "Improved playback for multiple streaming platforms" is rather vague.

5.2.629945 (In Progress)

Release date:
9 / 20 / 2024
What's New:

1. USB Output (S24_3LE): Added support for S24_3LE audio format output via USB.
  2. Plex Support (Beta): Integrated Plex for direct music access and playback in the WiiM Home app (iOS 2.11.6 required; Android support coming soon).
  3. Playback Enhancements:
    • Fixed occasional no sound issues with Alexa Multi-room and Bluetooth Input.
    • Corrected metadata for custom radio stations and reduced cracking noise in some MP3 files.
    • Improved real-time playback after resuming from radio streams.
  4. Chromecast SDK Update: Improved playback for multiple music streaming platforms and Google Speaker Groups (ensure Google Home is up-to-date).
  5. Screen Enhancements: Addressed issues with brightness adjustment, VU meter, and UI during OTA updates.
Bug Fixes:

1. USB Media Library: Fixed missing metadata for certain WAV files.
  2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Still not working for me with my Ultra.

It’s the only issue I have with it, not being able to chromecast.

After the Ultra FW update I used Chromecast for a long play queue from Roon with sources mixed between local files and Qobuz. Neither skipping to the next track or momentary disconnection with paused playback occurred.

Sometimes it would take a very long playback session for the problem to start, at which point it would happen frequently. So, the FW update seems to work for me so far but it will take more time to see if the problem is truly fixed.

I'm also interested in other users since the SDK update claims "Improved playback for multiple music streaming platforms".

After the Ultra FW update I used Chromecast for a long play queue from Roon with sources mixed between local files and Qobuz. Neither skipping to the next track or momentary disconnection with paused playback occurred.

Sometimes it would take a very long playback session for the problem to start, at which point it would happen frequently. So, the FW update seems to work for me so far but it will take more time to see if the problem is truly fixed.

I'm also interested in other users since the SDK update claims "Improved playback for multiple music streaming platforms".
FYI here's a link showing a video capture of the problem from Roon. At the 1:10 mark in the track there's a disconnection where Roon loses the Ultra endpoint. Around 10 seconds later the Ultra endpoint reconnects with playback paused.

Last edited:
FYI here's a link showing a video capture of the problem from Roon. At the 1:10 mark in the track there's a disconnection where Roon loses the Ultra endpoint. Around 10 seconds later the Ultra endpoint reconnects with playback paused.

OK, my problem was not fixed with the updated Chromecast SDK. At the 2:12 mark of a track the Roon Chromecast connection to my WiiM Ultra disappeared, then reconnected after 20 seconds with playback paused.

Screen capture of the sequence:

Back