Coaxial output 16 bit vs. Optical 24 bit?

HappyHighwayman

It makes zero difference, I won't be able to hear it, but why would 192 lhz / 24 bit work for optical for me and only 16 bit 192 for coaxial digital? Is it a receiver limitation?

It makes zero difference, I won't be able to hear it, but why would 192 lhz / 24 bit work for optical for me and only 16 bit 192 for coaxial digital? Is it a receiver limitation?
I have the Pro connected to my Topping D50s through COAX and i have 24/192, as confirmed by the DAC display. I have a 75 Ohm COAX cable.

Sorry, but I cannot imagine how the AVR receiving the data via RCA will make a difference between opt and coax. It must be an issue with either the DAC or the WiiM. Anything but amplification is done when the analog signal leaves the DAC.

You are aware you can change the resolution in WiiM for coax and opt audio settings exclusive? Is it possible it is not switched from 16 to 24?
Sorry, but such things happen everyday. Especially to me 😉

According to the YAMAHA specifications, the upper limit of the RX-V375's digital input is 96kHz. Have you tried 24/96 with Coax Output on WiiM?

By the way, my RX-A780 can only output up to 24/96 with Optical, but it can output 24/192 with Coax (probably the opposite of you).

Ok, let us forget the internal DAC of the Yamaha.
The digital work is done ONLY in the Topping (external) DAC.
So, the digital capability of the Yamaha is not the question. He gets an analog signal via RCA out of the Topping what he accepts always, and no further digital work will be done.

Ok, let us forget the internal DAC of the Yamaha.
The digital work is done ONLY in the Topping (external) DAC.
So, the digital capability of the Yamaha is not the question. He gets an analog signal via RCA out of the Topping what he accepts always, and no further digital work will be done.

I think it was Maurizio, not HappyHighwayman, who said he had a Topping DAC.🤔

Back