Connecting Pro to wired speakers

KoolBreeze

I am looking to connect both a sound bar and wired speakers to the WiiM Pro.

My plan was to connect the bar via the Optical Out port. For the non-powered wired speakers, I was going to do this thru the Line Out AV connection via adapters for connecting the physical wires to those ports.

Will this setup work?

I am looking to connect both a sound bar and wired speakers to the WiiM Pro.

My plan was to connect the bar via the Optical Out port. For the non-powered wired speakers, I was going to do this thru the Line Out AV connection via adapters for connecting the physical wires to those ports.

Will this setup work?
Do you mean the Line Out on the WiiM or on the soundbar? If the former then no, you would need some form of amplification between the WiiM and speakers. I'm not sure if Line Out on the soundbar would drive passive speakers directly.

I meant Line Out on the WiiM Pro (see pic).
1000003330.png

The sound bar would be connected via the Optical line out.

You will need active (i.e. powered) speakers to connect to the line-out or an amp in between the WiiM Pro and the speakers. Or get a WiiM amp that has the integrated.

Furthermore, if you are considering using speakers and soundbar simultaneously, I think that will not work as I believe you select either the SPDIF or Line out for the sound, and not both at the same time.

Okay, thank you, I guess I mistakenly thought the pro was an amp as well.

So to play music thru my sound bar, I can use the Pro. Then to play music from my speakers I can use the Amp. In doing this, can I link them together and play the same music from both at the same time?

Okay, thank you, I guess I mistakenly thought the pro was an amp as well.

So to play music thru my sound bar, I can use the Pro. Then to play music from my speakers I can use the Amp. In doing this, can I link them together and play the same music from both at the same time?
Yes you can and you can sync the two either automatically or manually.

Yes you can and you can sync the two either automatically or manually.
Are you sure of that ?
If the OP is using a Wiim Pro and a non-Wiim amp (which is how I read the post) how can you synch the audio ?

Are you sure of that ?
If the OP is using a Wiim Pro and a non-Wiim amp (which is how I read the post) how can you synch the audio ?
My understanding was he was suggesting a Wiim Pro and a WiiM Amp but stand corrected if that's not the case 🤔

There will ofcourse be a slight delay with the external amp, but using the WiiM app you can make sure that both WiiM devices are synced, so the slight delay of one of the WiiMs using an external amp, is taken into account.

Back