Exit setup mode

NoepZor

Hi all,

First of all, I’m really happy with my Wiim amp and love the functionality and sound quality. Also the updates with new features are a pleasant bonus.

But, I have also a lovely daughter of 1yrs old. She likes to push or turb the volume knob and sometimes she holds the knob too long. In that case the amp is entering the setup mode. It will exit the setup mode after a couple of hours (?) but in the meantime it’s not possible to use the app without completing the setup. Is there a way to manually cancel / exit the setup mode?

Thanks!

Not that I know of….Manually placing The Amp out of reach and operate it solely with the app?
While it is inconvenient, it’s far worse if your little princess decides to poke pencil tips into speaker drivers or mistakes your cd drive for a French toast maker :oops: Anyway…..good luck handling this first world problem. ;)

Best regards,
Martin..

Thank you for your reaction. I replaced my previous AV furniture with some IKEA Smastad storage chests with an oak wood top. Therefore, my full-size AV receiver had to be removed since there’s not much room to place equipment. I bought the Wiim amp as a replacement because of its small size, so I should be able to mount it below the top and still allow the drawers to move freely. However, the amp is also good-looking; my wife suggested putting it on top instead 😃, despite the minor problem described at the beginning of my topic.

Thank you for your reaction. I replaced my previous AV furniture with some IKEA Smastad storage chests with an oak wood top. Therefore, my full-size AV receiver had to be removed since there’s not much room to place equipment. I bought the Wiim amp as a replacement because of its small size, so I should be able to mount it below the top and still allow the drawers to move freely. However, the amp is also good-looking; my wife suggested putting it on top instead 😃, despite the minor problem described at the beginning of my topic.
Well,
Soon after the first batch of amps were officially launched, Wiim ( in their infinite wisdom ) had ‘’ this toddler problem’’ covered. Under settings you could find the PSMTT - ON/OFF setting. It worked as was meant to be, but they received a lot of complains. The Prickling Sensation Mode To Touch was a bit to heavy handed for some of us and they removed that option after the first major firmware update. :ROFLMAO:
Anyway…..out of luck this time I guess.

Martin.

Last edited:
Hi all,

First of all, I’m really happy with my Wiim amp and love the functionality and sound quality. Also the updates with new features are a pleasant bonus.

But, I have also a lovely daughter of 1yrs old. She likes to push or turb the volume knob and sometimes she holds the knob too long. In that case the amp is entering the setup mode. It will exit the setup mode after a couple of hours (?) but in the meantime it’s not possible to use the app without completing the setup. Is there a way to manually cancel / exit the setup mode?

Thanks!
I didn't know that setup mode would exit automatically after a few hours. And now, maybe it will go back to normal after a reboot?

I didn't know that setup mode would exit automatically after a few hours. And now, maybe it will go back to normal after a reboot?
Would simply cutting the power and bringing the power back immediately cancel the setup mode?

Alternatively: turn off the unit at the mains until you want to use it?

Would simply cutting the power and bringing the power back immediately cancel the setup mode?

Alternatively: turn off the unit at the mains until you want to use it?
I don't know...

I thought I would only enter setup mode after the device was factory reset. That's why the OP's experience looked strange.

My daughter is holding the volume knob for a few seconda while playing music. Then I gen an audio feedback indicating the amp is entering setup mode.

Unplugging the device and bringing it back does cause the amp to leave setup mode while keeping all settings. When you complete setup mode, most of the settings are wiped including eq presets.

My daughter is holding the volume knob for a few seconda while playing music. Then I gen an audio feedback indicating the amp is entering setup mode.

Unplugging the device and bringing it back does cause the amp to leave setup mode while keeping all settings. When you complete setup mode, most of the settings are wiped including eq presets.
I don't think the current situation can be avoided because the reset is completed before entering setup mode. At the moment, there seem to be only two solutions.

Put it out of her reach.
Hide in a safe.

It would have been nice if the WiiM reset button was a small hole. 😅

Back