Expanding my WiiM setup with another speaker

burkskinka

Hi!

New WiiM convert here. Had an outdated multiroom (well, only 2 rooms so far) setup with Pure Jongo equipment. When one node died I looked for an upgrade. I bought two WiiM Mini units and couldn't be happier! They are fantastic!

I'm so pleased I'm keen to expand the multiroom to 3 rooms. It seems logical to get a speaker that integrates with my kit without a separate box for the connection. I thought WiiM might have a unit with speaker(s) but it doesn't seem to be the case, or have I missed a product?

I've seen mentions that some Linkplay devices are compatible. Is there a list of supported equipment somewhere?

Would adding other Linkplay speakers be considered a supported feature or is it a side effect of the technology used meaning support could go away with future firmware updates?

Hold tight, WiiM have some new products on the horizon. The hinted they were going to announce two weeks ago but we are still waiting. A more recent post reaffirmed new products.

Hold tight, WiiM have some new products on the horizon. The hinted they were going to announce two weeks ago but we are still waiting. A more recent post reaffirmed new products.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out!

Back