Feature Request for Separate PEQ for Left & Right Channels

Has anyone noticed that the PEQ interface behaves really weirdly in L/R channels mode? I’ve been trying to save copies of previous EQ tables to modify them and when you switch between them one of the channels seems to get lost. It doesn’t sound that the information would be actually lost but from the interface it definitely does. The same happens when you switch from L/R mode to Stereo or to another input tab. Just would want to know whether anyone else is experiencing the same, or is it some kind of corruption in the memory cache.
You need to save the left and right PEQ settings as separate entities. Simple once you know but not obvious.

You need to save the left and right PEQ settings as separate entities. Simple once you know but not obvious.
I tried it and at first it seemed to work but after you copy the table you just created as “New Custom EQ” and start switching between the old and new one the interface starts the same “whack a mole” show.

Last edited:
I thought it was weirdly just me 😃
Has anyone noticed that the PEQ interface behaves really weirdly in L/R channels mode? I’ve been trying to save copies of previous EQ tables to modify them and when you switch between them one of the channels seems to get lost. It doesn’t sound that the information would be actually lost but from the interface it definitely does. The same happens when you switch from L/R mode to Stereo or to another input tab. Just would want to know whether anyone else is experiencing the same, or is it some kind of corruption in the memory cache.

I tried it and at first it seemed to work but after you copy the table you just created as “New Custom EQ” and start switching between the old and new one the interface starts the same “whack a mole” show.
You just need to select a saved "custom EQ" for both left and right. Scroll down to the list of saved EQs and choose one for left and one for right.

You just need to select a saved "custom EQ" for both left and right. Scroll down to the list of saved EQs and choose one for left and one for right.
If I do that it doesn’t change the values/graph when switching between L and R. That is what I meant when I said the information seems to get lost from the interface. Btw this is Ultra but that shouldn’t make any difference.

Example, custom1 currently playing,once I switch to any other custom eq all values suddenly changes itself.

Exactly that 👍
Well that’s some avant-garde design philosophy right there!

Well thanks I think I got it now(y)

Actually, for clarity it shouldn’t show the other side custom EQs when you switch between L and R, it just makes things unnecessarily confusing for someone who doesn’t know how it works. Best would be just overhaul the whole interface for something more user friendly IMO.

Last edited:
I'm still wondering if WiiM developers got us wrong, asking for independent L/R PEQ: You can set all (?) WiiM devices to play the left or the right channel, only ...
:p

Well that’s some avant-garde design philosophy right there!

Well thanks I think I got it now(y)

Actually, for clarity it shouldn’t show the other side custom EQs when you switch between L and R, it just makes things unnecessarily confusing for someone who doesn’t know how it works. Best would be just overhaul the whole interface for something more user friendly IMO.

Personally, I would prefer that the L/R be stored as a single custom EQ. And the name of the L/R PEQ would automatically be prefixed with the "[L/R] icon (or text)".

This way, it will be easier to switch between multiple L/R PEQs. You can also switch between stereo PEQs and L/R PEQs on the list.

1000000992.jpg

As already mentioned, the current spec requires that L and R PEQs be stored separately, which this makes it difficult to switch instantly for comparison. And the mixing of stereo PEQs and L and R on a custom list can cause confusion and lead to misoperation.

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team

EDIT:
Also, I think it would be better to make saving mandatory after changing the PEQ value. Currently it is cached with nothing selected, but if you switch to another PEQ, you will lose the data.

Last edited:
Back