Feet for wiim improves sound

I'm a cynic as far as a lot of Audiophile upgrades go.

However, the base that various units are sitting on can really make a difference.

25 years ago, I had my first "proper" hifi, It was entry level separates stuff, Technics and Marantz.

It was on the shelves of a cheap Ikea TV stand, underneath my TV.

I was doing some decorating and had took it off the TV stand and placed it on the hardwood floor. Speakers were in the same place.

There was a very noticeable sound improvement.

I bought a decent audio stand after that.

Not sure if those little feet could make much difference mind?

IF the WiiM was a Turntable then yes but it isn't so no.

However I do concur with putting decent feet onto to HiFi components if what they have are small. It allows ventilation and ventilation helps cooling. I have a stack of 2 Pi's with piBox Pro cases and a Khadas Tone Board in an Audiophonics case. They each have "oversized" feet and have a kitchen weight on top of the stack. The weight is to stop cable drag i.e. where cables are prone to drag and tip the component. Larger feet also help with this. Makes 0% difference to the SQ though.

I have feet for my WiiM and while it looks better I can't say it made much difference to the sound.

Stopping playing test tunes to see the quality and playing albums I liked, now that made a difference to how much I enjoy it.

Why amplifiers have feet ? Is it only for distributing the device weight and not damaging the furniture they sit on?

Back