good CD choice

Can you set the audio out as PCM?
Its not for me. A friend told me that he could use the Xbox with an app "Sound Groove" or so within the box's applications. I'll let him do some more research. So PCM would be mandatory?

A short first check delivered this:

• Analoges Stereo
  • Digitales Stereo PCM, 16 Bit, 48 Kilohertz (kHz)
  • Dolby Digital 5.1-Kanal Digital Audio, 48 kHz
  • WMA Pro
  • Playback von DTS (Digital Theatre Surround) 5.1-Medien (wie Filme) durch Übergabe des verschlüsselten digitalen DTS-Bitstreams an einen externen DTS-Decoder
So it seems to work. Thank you very much!

Generally if you were to use a TV with HDMI Arc you have to set the TV sound output to be PCM (which is strictly 2 channel) as opposed to Dolby Digital etc so an XBOX would need to be the same. The WiiM Amp can't cope with multi-channel audio.

Generally if you were to use a TV with HDMI Arc you have to set the TV sound output to be PCM (which is strictly 2 channel) as opposed to Dolby Digital etc so an XBOX would need to be the same. The WiiM Amp can't cope with multi-channel audio.
It is only about stereo, streaming services and a CD collection. We phoned and he checked he can choose PCM in the Xbox settings. So everything seems to work. Thanks again.

Is this really going to work? I doubt it.

ARC uses dedicated pins on the HDMI connector (pin 14 plus pin 17 for ground). This is different from general audio transfer through HDMI.

Will report once he got the stuff. To be honest, my job for him is done and I am not really interested longer. Maybe because the imagination pushing an audio CD into such a box causes physical pain for me 😉😂

Will report once he got the stuff. To be honest, my job for him is done and I am not really interested longer. Maybe because the imagination pushing an audio CD into such a box causes physical pain for me 😉😂
On reflection I think @harkpabst is correct. You’d need Xbox hdmi out to TV and either hdmi-arc from tv to amp or optical from tv to amp

Sorry that you are so much more interested than I wanted. Expected a short yes or no and didn't want to waste your time and thoughts. Thanks a lot 👍

Ditto to ripping to FLAC. Lossless, supported by nearly every player.

CDs have error detection bits, but no error correction. A good ripper, like Exact Audio Copy (plus FLAC encoder, both free) makes bit perfect copies of CDs that never scratch or get fingerprints. Computer file error correction means your music will never glitch.

Back