Hdmi input: no sound from TV

faustocat

Well, the Ultra has arrived: turned on, connected, everything works fine but HDmi input. I have a 2017 Sony Android TV. I am sure that the HDMI port on the tv is the one marked ARC; the Ultra recognizes the connection and the display shows 24bits/48khz, the VU meter is alive, but still there is no sound from the speakers. What am I doing wrong?

Well, the Ultra has arrived: turned on, connected, everything works fine but HDmi input. I have a 2017 Sony Android TV. I am sure that the HDMI port on the tv is the one marked ARC; the Ultra recognizes the connection and the display shows 24bits/48khz, the VU meter is alive, but still there is no sound from the speakers. What am I doing wrong?
Check that audio on the Sony is set to PCM, that eARC is off, and that digital audio output volume is not 0%, which is the default for some Sony TVs.

PS: Since it its the Ultra, using PCM is not necessary as it also works with Dolby Digital.

As the VU is alive, a signal is received.

I assume you have tested the output from Wiim Ultra with other inputs?

The TV allows you to switch between internal loudspeaker and HDMI (external system). Did you check that?

the VU is alive, a signal is received.

I assume you have tested the output from Wiim Ultra with other inputs?

The TV allows you to switch between internal loudspeaker and HDMI (external system). Did you check that?
I was wrong, the vu is not alive but it is strangely stuck to 0. The tv is switched to "external system" . Digital output is set on LPCM. But still no sound. All others inputs (Wifi, cromechast, bluetooth, analog) work perfectly🤷‍♂️

I was wrong, the vu is not alive but it is strangely stuck to 0. The tv is switched to "external system" . Digital output is set on LPCM. But still no sound. All others inputs (Wifi, cromechast, bluetooth, analog) work perfectly🤷‍♂️
Does your tv have a separate control for its external volume settings?

SOLVED: the culprit was an Android TV box connected to another hdmi port but turned OFF. As soon as switched to standby mode, Sony Tv recognized and review all HDMI CEC connections (called Bravia Sync in Sony language).
Anyway, after some tests, I decided to disconnect the hdmi Cord from the Ultraand give up to Tv input: as reported by others, volume is too low, and it Is impossible to Choiseul between Tv speaker and audio system: the hdmi connection automatically switched on the latter and mutes the internal tv speaker. I know t'ha it's due to ARC design, but I find it rather annoying.

Back