High-end ADC (analog to digital converter) as input to WiiM Pro

jcrenner

I would like to use an ADC (analog to digital converter) that is higher-end than the one built in my WiiM Pro (or Pro Plus for that matter) between my turntable (Rega P3 with Rega Fono) and my WiiM Pro.

Has anyone used such a set up? Which ADC did you go for?
(needs to have RCA in and TOSLINK out)

(the full set up is that the WiiM on the turntable side sends the signal via wifi to another WiiM on the amp side)

I would like to use an ADC (analog to digital converter) that is higher-end than the one built in my WiiM Pro (or Pro Plus for that matter) between my turntable (Rega P3 with Rega Fono) and my WiiM Pro.

Has anyone used such a set up? Which ADC did you go for?
(needs to have RCA in and TOSLINK out)

(the full set up is that the WiiM on the turntable side sends the signal via wifi to another WiiM on the amp side)
Afaik the Rega Fono doesn't measure that well, I wonder if there's a good phono preamp with built-in ADC out there...

Afaik the Rega Fono doesn't measure that well, I wonder if there's a good phono preamp with built-in ADC out there...
Ohhhhh, that would be VERY interesting! You don't happen to have a suggestion by any chance?

The only one I've ever had for a while was a Thorens MM-008 ADC when I digitalised LPs for a friend of mine. Sounded reasonable good.

The only one I've ever had for a while was a Thorens MM-008 ADC when I digitalised LPs for a friend of mine. Sounded reasonable good.
Afaik the ADC only works over USB (basically a USB audio device) which the WiiM doesn't have support for. They *could* with the Amp or the Ultra since they have a host port but their software currently doesn't.

No idea, my friend gave me a laptop with a Windows software, told me where and when to click and left the important job to change the records for me. But most of the time I took the chance to listen while recording. And it sounded good. How and if the pre is compatible with WiiM? No idea.

Afaik the ADC only works over USB (basically a USB audio device) which the WiiM doesn't have support for. They *could* with the Amp or the Ultra since they have a host port but their software currently doesn't.
While we’re waiting on the implementation of usb audio out for the Amp/Ultra, there’s been no indication from WiiM that they’ll support usb audio in - in fact, they’ve said the Ultra won’t in its q&a

While we’re waiting on the implementation of usb audio out for the Amp/Ultra, there’s been no indication from WiiM that they’ll support usb audio in - in fact, they’ve said the Ultra won’t in its q&a
I forgot now, I think the way it might have been interpreted was having the WiiM be a USB device (we used to say slave) of a host. That won't work. IE. Act as the audio interface of a PC basically. They can't do that with their host port.

However if/when they support Audio out, they will in effect support driving a USB audio interface (IE WiiM is host, sink is device). Such USB Audio interfaces can work either way (input, output, or both).

So while having the WiiM be slave of a host PC is probably out of the question, supporting a device capture interface in addition to a device sink (output) is really not a big stretch technically, just a bit of software:)

Buy yes, so far no indication that it's in their roadmap.

My fault, I didn't read the title to the end "as input for the WiiM Mini". Sorry for that.

Back