I like it but can i add my old analogue equalizer ?

kano

Greetings good people of Wiim ...

I just got the Wiim amp and i got rid of my old Kenwood stereo because it just wasn't as convenient
with the phone connection and it appears to sound better using my home made speakers and
a set of old bose.

Anyway the Wiim was an improvement in the sound quality ... i would like to manually tweak it outside
the software with my old analogue stereo equalizer. Here is my question.

Can this be done and how do i do it ? i tried splicing the RCA wires and ended up with no sound but the
music was registering in the equalizer because i could see the lights moving.

Thanks for the help

No, you can’t loop what the amp is playing out and back in via an external device.

Have you tried the EQ/PEQ settings in the WiiM Home app to emulate what the old stereo equaliser did?

I apologize I don't understand that. I'm not looping back, It starts at the 1. phone to the 2. Wiim amp to the 3. equalizer to the 4. speakers.

Short answer. No you can't.

The equaliser is designed to sit in front of the amplification stage.

Typically it would be
Source (CD player etc) -> Pre-amp -> Equaliser -> Amplifier -> Speakers

The WiiM amp only works as follows
Source -> Amplifier -> Speakers

Last edited:
i would like to manually tweak it outside
the software with my old analogue stereo equalizer.
Making changes in the WiiM Home app might look more fiddly than just turning a knob or moving a slider on your analogue equalizer. In fact, it simply is.

But on the other hand you can save up to 20 custom EQ settings (in addition to the 24 pre-saved EQ settings). So, going back to a setting you liked for some case is much easier.

You also gain a whole new world of parametric EQ settings. Once you dive into it, you will probably love it.

I can imagine you forgetting your old equalizer very soon.

Back