Room Correction... I like it!

RC provide immersive listening experience. Before RC sounds ok but after RC it made sound great. It made sound diffuse that added layer of width and depth instead in your face sound. Very pleasing indeed. Wiim just posted there will be further enhancement including separate left right eq, automatic level on sub as well as phase and automatic crossover! Automatic crossover seems unique.

RC provide immersive listening experience. Before RC sounds ok but after RC it made sound great. It made sound diffuse that added layer of width and depth instead in your face sound. Very pleasing indeed. Wiim just posted there will be further enhancement including separate left right eq, automatic level on sub as well as phase and automatic crossover! Automatic crossover seems unique.

Not sure if i want automatic crossover though…

How many sweeps will they need to decide the best crossover frequency? It sounds very ambitious.

And how can the system decide, when my mid-driver from the florstander is freed up enough?
No, in this case, I do not believe in an automatic crossover decision by the system…

And how can the system decide, when my mid-driver from the florstander is freed up enough?
No, in this case, I do not believe in an automatic crossover decision by the system…
I think they should give choice automatic or not so it should cover both users.

I can't even to decide whether to use the port bung when using bass management and RC. I suppose if the crossover is well above the port frequency it shouldn't make any difference but something tells me to put the bung in 😀

These are mine. Mains only, set to full range. No sub. Rated spec 36 Hz to 20 kHz ± 2 dB

Attachments

• mains.jpg
    mains.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 19
Not sure what the problem in your setup is. However - and I am speaking of a setup as you have it with WiiM Pro+ - it works perfectly! Actually better than anticipated!
Let me explain:
I intensially moved the crossover frequeny of the Sub further up to around 75 Hz, and also increased the gain volume of the sub quite a bit. This results in much to much bass at around 50Hz.
The idea behind: As I have small florstanders (ProAcs) the mid/base driver needs to cover a huge frequency range, where the lowest frequencies consume a lot of the drivers attention. This results in a less free and open reproduction of the the mid frequencies… (actually I discoverd that withthis approach)
NOW‘s where RC kicks in! It figures out, that there is much to much base and lowers the gain at the frequeny range at around 50Hz. This means that the florstander gets rid of a lot of the low frequency burden, which the sub takes over because of the higher cross-over alignment!
Result: Much more open representation of the music and perfect alignment of Florstander and Sub! In my case really excellent! 🤩

Ps: the mic of a iphone 12 works well and accurate in my case.
Thanks for the reply 👍🏻
Just to clarify once more, I am not using any crossover. I am running fullrange from Pro to DAC to integrated amplifier. The Pro does not have a prefences for sub either.

Thanks for the reply 👍🏻
Just to clarify once more, I am not using any crossover. I am running fullrange from Pro to DAC to integrated amplifier. The Pro does not have a prefences for sub either.

Not sure what you mean. You have a sub, so there is a crossover frequency where the florstander „hands over“ to the sub… This is always a critical point. With RC you cannovercome this aspect elegantly…

Well that isn't how it works. My sub out is on with crossover set to 85Hz and frequencies below 85 Hz are adjusted.
Very Interesting and puzzling. Unfortunately mine works exactly as WiiM describe i do not get any correction below 100Hz / 80 Hz crossover, I am using LS50’s Met and KC62, I raised a ticket followed up this week and was told will be fixed in a future release. For me RC is pointless and sounds awful, not a problem though as I am using Housecurve and just manually enter the PEQ.

Very Interesting and puzzling. Unfortunately mine works exactly as WiiM describe i do not get any correction below 100Hz / 80 Hz crossover, I am using LS50’s Met and KC62, I raised a ticket followed up this week and was told will be fixed in a future release. For me RC is pointless and sounds awful, not a problem though as I am using Housecurve and just manually enter the PEQ.
Maybe iOS behaves differently to Android.

Not sure what you mean. You have a sub, so there is a crossover frequency where the florstander „hands over“ to the sub… This is always a critical point. With RC you cannovercome this aspect elegantly…
Wasn't that very clear? The WiiM Pro has no sub out. The integrated amplifier has no sub out (but pre-outs). There is no well defined crossover frequency between mains and sub because only the sub itself implements a low pass filter (with some cut-off frequency dialled in) and the mains just overlap. This overlap can be useful in some very rare and very special cases, but usually it's unwanted.

Yes, EQ can iron that out a bit and in the case of @Aquarius automatic RC by WiiM simply does not even know if there is a subwoofer or not. A proper high pass filtering of the main speakers would most probably result in even better sound but it's not possible with the current setup.

For me RC is pointless and sounds awful, not a problem though as I am using Housecurve and just manually enter the PEQ.
Sounds like it's not worth digging into it too deep if you have a perfectly working solution, already.

Once per channel PEQ and correction below the subwoofer crossover frequency have arrived for all you could surely try again.

@slartibartfast, that's a very interesting thought. We should set up a poll.

Last edited:
Wasn't that very clear? The WiiM Pro has no sub out. The integrated amplifier has no sub out (but pre-outs). There is no well defined crossover frequency between mains and sub because only the sub itself implements a low pass filter (with some cut-off frequency dialled in) and the mains just overlap. This overlap can be useful in some very rare and very special cases, but usually it's unwanted.

Yes, EQ can iron that out a bit and in the case of @Aquarius automatic RC by WiiM simply does not even know if there is a subwoofer or not. A proper high pass filtering of the main speakers would most probably result in even better sound but it's not possible with the current setup.

Maybe a question of understanding - I am not native english speaking… sorry.
I don‘t think I ment anything different…
However, in my case the overlap I have (the frequency range where crossover is happening“) between sub and florstander is perfectly „ironed out“ ! 👍🏻

I think they should give choice automatic or not so it should cover both users.
When the RC was added, the manual PEQ remained in place. Similarly, I believe that when auto crossover is added, the manual crossover that is currently in place will not disappear. 🙂

I too am curious as to how the auto crossover will work. Will it simply be adjusted to the roll-off of the main speakers? Personally, I would like to see the speaker distortion rate measured and a high pass placed at the frequencies where distortion increases.

When the RC was added, the manual PEQ remained in place. Similarly, I believe that when auto crossover is added, the manual crossover that is currently in place will not disappear. 🙂

I too am curious as to how the auto crossover will work. Will it simply be adjusted to the roll-off of the main speakers? Personally, I would like to see the speaker distortion rate measured and a high pass placed at the frequencies where distortion increases.
This feature is indeed interesting. I haven’t seen such feature maybe it does that I miss it. I’m excited because RC is becoming tour de force and becoming more sophisticated as times goes by. RC if done right can have substantial improvement in sound quality.

This feature is indeed interesting. I haven’t seen such feature maybe it does that I miss it. I’m excited because RC is becoming tour de force and becoming more sophisticated as times goes by. RC if done right can have substantial improvement in sound quality.
I may have misunderstood your request about auto crossover. Certainly, it would be ideal if there was room to choose whether the crossover was auto or manual when running RC. 😄

I have not used RC yet, but am looking forward to the upcoming per-channel RC.

Sounds like it's not worth digging in it too deep if you have a perfectly working solution, already.

Once per channel PEQ and correction below the subwoofer crossover frequency have arrived for all you could surely try again.

@slartibartfast, that's a very interesting thought. We should set up a poll.
Yes, I agree will try again when the RC fixes and Channel PEQ is released, puzzling though why some folks find it works and others not, hence why i posted so hopefully WiiM can look at the Logs And figure out where the differences are and root cause ie.g App, OS….settings…

Back