I WANT a Network Bridge STREAMER!

Justrucking

Dear WiiM development team, how about a stand alone WiiM network bridge streamer? Say like the Volumio Rivo streamer?

1. No internal DAC

2. High quality internal power supply filtering boards, shielded and separate from the streamer board, with an external 5v power supply.

3. Galvanic Isolation and filtering on the outputs

4. A quality internal clock with its own stabilizer

5. No screens or LED lights, just a simple on/off switch and a trigger to take out of standby.

I just took delivery of the Rivo, added a Farad Super 3 power supply and really miss my WiiM OS. The Rivo trounces my WiiM Pro+ in regards to sound quality, where it fails is the software. I know you guys can build a mid fi or better streaming network bridge. You can charge me a grand, I will pay, just do it right. I know you can, and hope it is in the pipeline. Mike

so basically WiiM Pro with higher quality components and without analog inputs/outputs?

Not the first, but the absoz number is still small.

There’s a market for that product. And from a manufacturing perspective it is not a totally new product/design; it can be just a subset of a mass product - just remove components.

serious question, is it just a fancy name for a audio streamer? Or does it need specific features to be that?

Bravo.
$399-$459. $400 on Christmas.
That will give the audiophile brethren the opportunity to tinker with no limits (improve sound) with the DACs whose price is dropping down with the speed of light. What was a $3-5K purchase is now….$500-1.5K (if that).

It is not even a contest. I have the Ultra here too, it is a better streamer than the Pro+ in regards to sound quality, but still cannot touch the Rivo.
Your claim is invalid unless you provide a measurement proof such as thd plus noise, snr, sinad etc. Subjective opinion doesn’t bode well in this forum. I took a lot of heat when I express subjective so unless you can back up your claim you may well end up the same thing.

It is not even a contest. I have the Ultra here too, it is a better streamer than the Pro+ in regards to sound quality, but still cannot touch the Rivo.

There is a site called alpha audio . It claims that the spdif out of primare np5 mk2 prisma is far better than the rivo. The msrp of Primare is 600 while it can be found cheaper . So…

All subjective impressions are welcome.
After getting ultra, it will be end game for me as I have just about everything wiim has to offer. There were noticeable improvement over amp due to higher spec which in result more transparent sound. As you go on higher ladder the performance increase was just minimal but the cost multiply many times over. Ultra would satisfy many users but hard core audiophile.

After getting ultra, it will be end game for me as I have just about everything wiim has to offer. There were noticeable improvement over amp due to higher spec which in result more transparent sound. As you go on higher ladder the performance increase was just minimal but the cost multiply many times over. Ultra would satisfy many users but hard core audiophile.
I'm listening to my Ultra right now, it is sitting atop the Rivo. It is a fine streamer, nothing wrong with it, and I never said there was. But, I want more, and I believe WiiM can deliver. I think we can all agree, WiiM is the Gold Standard in operating software, and the reason the Ultra and the PRO units I have will stay.

Back