Is Spotify Free no longer available on WiiM?

Been there. When it happened to me, I tried the suggestions on Spotify's help pages and the 'net to get it working again, but in the end I just had to wait it out. One day, after a few weeks of waiting, it started working again.

Happened to me.i uninstall and reinstalled to no effect. I changed my password and now its working fine.hope this helps some of you.

They purchase wiim which are hifi but only use Spotify as music source. Interesting 🤔
Could be that whatever legacy equipment they’re connecting their WiiM streamer to doesn’t support any streaming services, even Spotify. That’s why I bought the WiiM Mini as my Linn amp didn’t (and still doesn’t) support Amazon Music. Or Spotify free for that matter.

Yesterday I streamed free Spotify from my wife´s phone seamlessly, through Airplay to my WiiM Amp (she doesn't have the Wiim App installed nor interested in doing so 😅 ) and also I noticed a higher bitrate than before when I opened the WiiM App from my phone.. curious..

IMG_2624.jpegIMG_2623.jpeg

That’s looks like airplay is sending it in an ALAC 16/44.1 “container”. Doesn’t mean the quality is any better, it’s still the same lower quality Spotify stream, but rather than being cast direct to the WiiM using Spotify Connect, Spotify will be sending the stream to the phone for it to then send it to the WiiM. If you turn your phone off, the stream will stop whereas with Connect it would continue.

Back