Is there a ability to lock the volume at a certain volume regulation number?

Musician

I know we already have the 100% or less volume limit ability and this can be used to limit the max output .

But my question is this: is there a way to lock the max volume in the volume-number display instead ? Like having a maximum volume at 70 instead of 100 ?

I know we already have the 100% or less volume limit ability and this can be used to limit the max output .

But my question is this: is there a way to lock the max volume in the volume-number display instead ? Like having a maximum volume at 70 instead of 100 ?
Not that I know of.
I know what you mean - e.g.if you have limited the volume to 70% then the volume number should only go to 70 to indicate that it could go louder, if the restriction was removed.

Similarly, Hegel recently-ish changed their display to always be 0-100 even if a max volume had been set.
i.e. if the limit was set at 70 then the display used to only go from 0-70, whereas now, like wiim, it always goes 0-100 no matter what the max volume is set to. Many users complained about this, or simply struggled to understand it!
Currently the display shows '100 Damped' when at a limited yet full volume.
I still prefer the original way as you know what limit has been applied, whereas now the Damped just tells you it's not full, full volume, but you've no idea how much it's been damped.

However, I still use my ears to guide how loud I want it, not the number, and I set a max so that teenagers can't blow the speakers!

Back