Line-In Input Resolution setting

curtalva

I have an 8-track player using the Line-In RCA inputs. What would be the best Audio Input > Line-In Input Resolution > input resolution to choose?

I currently have Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz and the Bit depth: 16 bits.

I'm curious what happens if you choose something that is not a good match for the source that you have input (aka ... 192 kHz and 24 bits for an 8-track player)?
I played around with the different settings while listening to an 8 track (Doobie Brothers) but didn't notice a big change (maybe subtle).

If you select a higher setting will the Utlra adjust down .... OR ... is it reliant on setting it accurately for the best listening experience?

Thanks,
Curt

I'm curious what happens if you choose something that is not a good match for the source that you have input (aka ... 192 kHz and 24 bits for an 8-track player)?
I played around with the different settings while listening to an 8 track (Doobie Brothers) but didn't notice a big change (maybe subtle).
You're connecting an analogue source, so there is nothing to "match" here. 44 kHz 16 bit is probably transparent already for the quality of that source.

Personally I also settled for 96 kHz 24 bit. While higher resolution is always better in theory, it might a) just not make any difference and b) introduce new problems (as mentioned by @onlyoneme).

Back