LMS to squeezelite-on-Ultra broken, but LMS to DLNA-on-Ultra works

behindthesofa

Hi all,

I am very happy with my Wiim Ultra so far, but the last few days (perhaps after the latest firmware 5.2.629945 dropped) I have issues with playing from LMS to the Wiim Ultra.

Issues:
- When playing from LMS to Wiim Ultra Squeezelite: sound plays fine, but album art /track info is NOT showing up on the Wiim Ultra screen and Wiim Home app. Pausing/skipping etc from Wiim Home app also does not work
- When playing from LMS to Wiim Ultra using the UPNPBridge plugin in LMS, everything works as expected: sound, album art/track info present on both the Wiim Ultra and the Home app. Playback control from the Wiim home app also works as expected.

Screenshots below demonstrate the issue: I am playing the same album there.

The issues I have with direct-to-squeezelite were not there when I first received the Ultra last week, it played just fine. I tried different releases of LMS (currently running Lyrion 8.5.3, but tried older versions as well)

Am I doing something wrong or are there people with the same experience?

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• IMG_0718.png
    IMG_0718.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0717.png
    IMG_0717.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 4
I’m still seeing artwork on the touchscreen but not in the iPad app - I raised a ticket a few weeks ago about this, so maybe if you and others do the same, WiiM will be pressed into providing a fix :)

Edit: btw, it seems fine on android

Last edited:
Submitted a ticket! It seems that the issues are not quite the same as for me the Wiim Ultra touchscreen does not show the info as well, but may well be related. Thanks for the reply

Back