Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s at least a step forward and normally means they’re now expecting stock..
(Btw, it’s sufficient to paste just up to the product code I.e. the part before /ref= - the rest is junk ;) )

Yeah, sorry about that - no link shows to copy on my app, and that’s just what was on my browser.

Certainly a positive move. I’ve placed my order, on the grounds that it’ll probably be first come first served.

Can’t you just order from Amazon US? With the favourable exchange rate & cheap shipping it works out cheaper, even including import duties

Question. Is this Chromecast certfied yet or still waiting on that as well?
Can’t you just order from Amazon US? With the favourable exchange rate & cheap shipping it works out cheaper, even including import duties
It has AC power socket not sure it its one that will work with 120v and 230/240v. Also warranty would be void.

It is not letting me it seems :) And probably Auditorium won't be the only EU seller which has to deal with delays.

It is not letting me it seems :) And probably Auditorium won't be the only EU seller which has to deal with delays.
Ok for shipping to the uk but I wouldn’t think it worth it for the very small saving

I solely use ultra as a streamer and use my teacher nt503 to upscale to DSD and for to introduce amp , the sound is much clear then before,set up is like a breeze ,sound is not bad ,the sound is quite energetic and under control and I don't want to stop listening.....however there are some question
About the operation
Such as
1.When I set the coaxial output to 192/24 and my dac can play the test signal, however when I play back Spotify the resolution is changed to 44.1, I thought it will be output at 192/24 all the time.
2. The display light up all the time even at stand by, is it able to turn off the display at stand by?

To conclude , I love this machine very much,outlook is good and good sound.
And most importantly is that it comes with room eq that I can tailor the sound to fit my tiny listening room
17216529173266600443559251223227.jpg

I solely use ultra as a streamer and use my teacher nt503 to upscale to DSD and for to introduce amp , the sound is much clear then before,set up is like a breeze ,sound is not bad ,the sound is quite energetic and under control and I don't want to stop listening.....however there are some question
About the operation
Such as
1.When I set the coaxial output to 192/24 and my dac can play the test signal, however when I play back Spotify the resolution is changed to 44.1, I thought it will be output at 192/24 all the time.
2. The display light up all the time even at stand by, is it able to turn off the display at stand by?View attachment 9394

1. When you set a resolution in audio settings, you’re saying that’s the Max resolution that’s supported by the device you’re connecting your Ultra to, not the resolution it upsamples everything to. Spotify is 320kbps at best and when that’s output as a digital stream it’ll show as 16/44.1 but lossy.
You’d need to set fixed resolution at 24/192 for it always to show that all the time irrespective of source. The firmware to do that for the ultra is still in development, but you’d only generally use that if your external DAC had issues switching sample rates and produced clicks or pops when doing so.

2. You can turn the display off under screen settings on the Ultra’s screen, but not yet in the app. I think WiiM are considering adding an option for it to turn off in standby.

Indeed, but I wouldn’t see that as a challenge to anyone who’s interested in getting their hands on an Ultra earlier…
Isn't it illegal to supply to the UK without a UK plug though. Years ago I bought a Medion PC from Tesco that came with some PC speakers that had a European plug with an adaptor. A while later they recalled the speakers because of the non UK plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back