NAS Synology DS923+ Albuns

Abdo

NAS Synology DS923+

Good afternoon everyone, I received my Wiim Ultra and tried to search for my library on my NAS, I can only open the folders, I can even play the music, but the covers and album do not appear on the APP screen. When I click on the music, the Wiim plays and then appears on the device screen correctly. However, it becomes impossible to navigate folder by folder. Would I have to install some type of application on the Synology so that everything would be shown on the iPhone APP? Thank you.

You need to install/enable the DNLA server, media indexing, select the folder and leave it until it finishes scanning

I found the stock DNLA service on the Synology absolute rubbish. Also the album art generator takes up GB, on mine the $ea folders were 30GB!!

If you can install docker, then install LMS. It's much better. Install LMS material skin app on your phone.

I have used LMS 8.0.0 on my Synology, but have just moved it over to a Pi5 as can install LMS 9.0.2

Quick answer: Install MinimServer

Long answer: You should be able to get the Synology DLNA server working but I have no experience of it so can't help.

To check that it's the Synology server at fault and not the WiiM Home app try browsing with BubbleUPnP or mconnect.

Synology "Music Server" app.

Then go into Indexing service
Select Indexed folder, Browse to your music directory, select music option

But I wouldn't bother. It's crap.

Also minimserver is a bit crap also, that is basic.

LMS FTW!

Synology "Music Server" app.

Then go into Indexing service
Select Indexed folder, Browse to your music directory, select music option

But I wouldn't bother. It's crap.

LMS FTW!
Thanks
What you are recommending is to use Synology's Music Server, but would the Wiim App work with it?

We've already had this conversation :)

The licensed version is much more flexible than LMS for those needing it for local music. Both complete overkill for 99% of people.

Thanks
What you are recommending is to use Synology's Music Server, but would the Wiim App work with it?

The Synology Music server is a generic DNLA server, it can scan music/video/photos. Then you use UPNP devices to access those, from a phone (you can install audio station on your phone & NAS) videos also, and photos.

Yes the Wiim app should connect to the Synology DNLA service. But like I said it's crap (Synology)

Would recommend not even bothering- install docker, LMS, then install Material skin app on your phone. It's just better.

UPNP music just sucks, at least one mine- with large music collection "artists" branch is a mess, compared to "album artist" branch.

The Synology Music server is a generic DNLA server, it can scan music/video/photos. Then you use UPNP devices to access those, from a phone (you can install audio station on your phone & NAS) videos also, and photos.

Yes the Wiim app should connect to the Synology DNLA service. But like I said it's crap (Synology)

Would recommend not even bothering- install docker, LMS, then install Material skin app on your phone. It's just better.

UPNP music just sucks, at least one mine- with large music collection "artists" branch is a mess, compared to "album artist" branch.
It's good enough for me. It might be good enough for @Abdo. Please stop trying to convert everyone to your school of thought when all that is needed is a little advice on how to enable a DLNA server.

No Synology, existem dois aplicativos nativos, Audio Station e Media Server, qual é o melhor?View attachment 9655

You need the one on the right.
Audio station allows you to play music directly to the audio station DS app. Probably best use Bubble UPNP and just connect to the one on the right.

The problem I've found with the stock scanner is it scans all the time, so if you're transferring music, it'll detect these files and scan them in. This slows the NAS down. I much prefer "scan only when I select"

As well as the indexer creating a folder/large file for every album folder, so large amount of space are used just for album art. I saved 30GB by deleting the hidden folders (after uninstalling the synology music service)

I had a Squeezebox on a DS1010+ for over 15 years, but time passed and I disabled it.
I got a little older and completely forgot about it. Now I bought a DS923+ NAS to run with Roon and I have a Cambridge CXN V2, and I bought this Wiim Ultra to put in another location.
I'm waiting for Roon to be certified for Wiim Ultra, but from what I've read, I think this certification will take at least 6 months, and until then I would like another solution.
I have a library of 4600 CDs, which I have all physically and digitized everything in FLAC. What I've noticed is that the way to install Squeezebox has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Or am I wrong?

I had a Squeezebox on a DS1010+ for over 15 years, but time passed and I disabled it.
I got a little older and completely forgot about it. Now I bought a DS923+ NAS to run with Roon and I have a Cambridge CXN V2, and I bought this Wiim Ultra to put in another location.
I'm waiting for Roon to be certified for Wiim Ultra, but from what I've read, I think this certification will take at least 6 months, and until then I would like another solution.
I have a library of 4600 CDs, which I have all physically and digitized everything in FLAC. What I've noticed is that the way to install Squeezebox has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Or am I wrong?

I think you have to use Roon on a PC, so bit of a pain having that on, pity Roon isn't available as a Synology package and your NAS.
You can install LMS on several devices- PC, Mac, NAS, and raspberry Pi's.

For yours, you install Docker, than sideload LMS. I think you have to downgrade to older PERL as latest one doesn't work

LMS has the benefit of this, something the Synology DNLA service doesn't offer.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to install LMS on a Synology NAS. It hardly makes any sense. You would need a dedicated small server for that.

I think you have to use Roon on a PC, so bit of a pain having that on, pity Roon isn't available as a Synology package and your NAS.
You can install LMS on several devices- PC, Mac, NAS, and raspberry Pi's.

For yours, you install Docker, than sideload LMS. I think you have to downgrade to older PERL as latest one doesn't work

LMS has the benefit of this, something the Synology DNLA service doesn't offer.

I have Roon installed on Synology, the only thing that happens is that it uses Chromecast to transmit and nothing appears on the Ultra screen only on the iPhone App. Maybe I'm asking too much at the moment..kkkk

I have Roon installed on Synology, the only thing that happens is that it uses Chromecast to transmit and nothing appears on the Ultra screen only on the iPhone App. Maybe I'm asking too much at the moment..kkkk

oh I didn't know you can install Roon on NAS that's pretty good. But why then you can't access it from a device, or is Roon too strict, doesn't have a UPNP client, or everything has to be "roon certified?"

Roon should be able to play to the Ultra using UPnP. It won't be multi-room but if it's only a stopgap.

Room works on the Wiim Ultra, the only issue is that the Wiim Ultra's LCD doesn't show what's being played, since the transmission is via Chromecast. When the Wiim Ultra is certified, this will be resolved.

Room works on the Wiim Ultra, the only issue is that the Wiim Ultra's LCD doesn't show what's being played, since the transmission is via Chromecast. When the Wiim Ultra is certified, this will be resolved.
Chromecast is not the limiting factor here. All apps I know can display meta data including cover art. I don't know if Roon for DSM is different.

Have you tried using UPnP instead of Chromecast?

Back