Need Help with Fine-Tuning Low Volume on Wiim AMP

Matkoni

Hey everyone, I'm really happy with the Wiim AMP I just got, but there's one thing that's bugging me.

My speakers (Elac Debut Reference, which have pretty average sensitivity) are about 3 meters away from me, and I'm having a hard time finding the right volume setting on the Wiim Amp when I just want to play some background music.

Basically, the first few notches on the volume control go from 'I can’t hear anything' to 'still nothing,' then 'barely audible,' 'I can hear it, but it’s too quiet,' and suddenly 'ouch, that’s too loud for background music.'

In short, I feel like there aren’t enough subtle increments in the lower volume range, and to be honest, it’s kind of annoying.

Is there a trick to make the volume increase more gradual or add more fine-tuning to those first few notches?

I'd call this rather unusual. The WiiM Home App gives a clear percentage reading of the volume control from 0 to 100. Where (in actual numbers) do you feel is the border between "too quiet" and "too loud"?

The hardware remote adjust the volume in steps of 3. Using your phones hardware volume buttons do the same, if the WiiM Home App is in the foreground and displaying any music page while you hit them. Not sure about the volume knob from the top of my head, I think it's using increments of 3 as well. You can drag the slider for finer adjustment.

The volume control from within 3rd party apps con work totally different as well, so the results could.bw different. What is your actual source?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your reply.
So, I’m currently staying in temporary housing without Wi-Fi, I just have the 5G connection from my phone to share.
Basically, right now, I can’t really use the Wiim Home app, my only option is a basic Bluetooth connection.

But a few months ago, when I was staying somewhere else, I did have Wi-Fi and access to the app, and I already had the same issue.

Basically, if the volume increases by 3% increments, at 12% I can barely hear anything, at 15% I can hear it but it’s not loud enough, and the vocals aren’t clear. Then at 18%, it’s too loud for background music.
Whether I turn the physical volume knob directly or use the volume buttons on my phone, it’s the same.

I’m surprised I’m the only one dealing with this issue

Thanks a lot for your reply.
So, I’m currently staying in temporary housing without Wi-Fi, I just have the 5G connection from my phone to share.
Basically, right now, I can’t really use the Wiim Home app, my only option is a basic Bluetooth connection.

But a few months ago, when I was staying somewhere else, I did have Wi-Fi and access to the app, and I already had the same issue.

Basically, if the volume increases by 3% increments, at 12% I can barely hear anything, at 15% I can hear it but it’s not loud enough, and the vocals aren’t clear. Then at 18%, it’s too loud for background music.
Whether I turn the physical volume knob directly or use the volume buttons on my phone, it’s the same.

I’m surprised I’m the only one dealing with this issue
Have you tried adjusting Volume Limit? E.g 95%, 90% to adjust to your personal taste as the volume control scales

Back