New owner - no album art from NAS, please help

Longfellow78

Hi. I have read a few threads about this, but I don't get what my problem is. My music is on my qnap NAS and shows up perfectly in the Home Music Share. I have my album covers in each folder, each called "Cover.jpeg". But not a single cover shows in the app. I have indexed all the files and run the automated thumbnail generation in the NAS control panel so it should be working as far as I can see. Can anyone advise me please?
Thanks

The problem will be with the configuration of your DLNA server, but unless someone on here can help with that (I've never used QNAP) it might be easier just to install MinimServer, which should be available in the QNAP App Center.

You can double check that it's not a WiiM fault by browsing the server with a different control point e.g. BubbleUPnP or mconnect.

So I couldn't get it to work. I installed minimserver, and that works. It's an extra click to get to my music as I can't favourite folders for some reason, but better than no album art at all.

It's an extra click to get to my music as I can't favourite folders for some reason, but better than no album art at all.
The only thing that's guaranteed to persist across rescans is the track URLs, which is why you shouldn't bookmark/favourite anything but tracks.

Maybe in future they'll allow you to store a UPnP server as a preset.

Last edited:
Back