New Update *.513047

Sharing as it might be of interest for you. Just received a new update....
#2 is very interesting, although in my use case with a Schiit Modi+ DAC connected by COAX, I heard the "pop" even when testing the Schiit via a Universal Disc player in addition to the WiiM.

I since returned the Schiit and am now using a Cambridge DAC Magic 100 which is silent when there is an incoming sample rate change.

Sharing as it might be of interest for you. Just received a new update....
:) Thanks very much. I think you did a precious gift to many of us because the rocket pop-up continues to be ghost and the release notes are stuck at

4.8.511631 (Latest)

Release date:

3 / 23 / 2023
It's a shame!! (n)

This is the second time I receive an update without any warning. Seeing a new FW here, I check in Device>Speaker Info and I see that I too have received an update.
Badly tolerable.
I think as soon as it comes out I'll switch to CS1

Isn‘t this a test version? After I gave feedback, they asked me to send my MAC address, so „we will add it into our beta group and your device will be upgraded automatically when it's idle.“ So that is exactly what happened, I guess. I just need to wait for the app to update in order to test whether my issue was solved (crackling distortions when switching tracks).
If it is a test/beta version, its ok not to update the release notes.

Point 2 is interesting, but WiiMs tend to switch off/on the digital output even if the sample rate doesn't change.

Isn‘t this a test version? After I gave feedback, they asked me to send my MAC address, so „we will add it into our beta group and your device will be upgraded automatically when it's idle.“ So that is exactly what happened, I guess. I just need to wait for the app to update in order to test whether my issue was solved (crackling distortions when switching tracks).
If it is a test/beta version, its ok not to update the release notes.
I don't think so - at least I have not subscribed to any beta or test version. Also did not provide my MAC address, so assume it's a public release.

This is the second time I receive an update without any warning. Seeing a new FW here, I check in Device>Speaker Info and I see that I too have received an update.
Badly tolerable.
I think as soon as it comes out I'll switch to CS1
The CS1 has been out for a while? It seems very buggy, admittedly from a limited amount of users. I'm not sure why not having warning of a firmware update is such a big deal anyway, the updates simply fix bugs etc, why would you need a warning?

Yes, at least in some european countries it is available. I did read about the same - people complaining about buggy firmware on the CS1.
So if you go for it, make sure to keep your Wiim - you might want it back at some point in time ;-)

The CS1 has been out for a while? It seems very buggy, admittedly from a limited amount of users. I'm not sure why not having warning of a firmware update is such a big deal anyway, the updates simply fix bugs etc, why would you need a warning?
First of all it would be nice that i can upgrade if and when i like
I am obliged to receive even not requested updates, ok, but at least tell me that i have been upgraded
FW upgrades not only fix bugs, but also introduce new features and i would know what they are

I found the CS1, but the WiiM looks better to me. I can probably buy 4 minis :):):):)

If I invest in WiiM, I think it will be even better in the future(y)

Probably

Yes, at least in some european countries it is available. I did read about the same - people complaining about buggy firmware on the CS1.
So if you go for it, make sure to keep your Wiim - you might want it back at some point in time ;-)
LOL. For sure i will not be the first to buy it. I’m waiting for exaustive reviews about how it works; sound; UPnP certification; and so on.
in the 70’s i have had an integrated amplifier from that company and was excellent

There are many here who wish they could upgrade if and when they deem it necessary

LOL. For sure i will not be the first to buy it. I’m waiting for exaustive reviews about how it works; sound; UPnP certification; and so on.
in the 70’s i have had an integrated amplifier from that company and was excellent
Check out the thread on ASR

I found the CS1, but the WiiM looks better to me. I can probably buy 4 minis :):):):)

If I invest in WiiM, I think it will be even better in the future(y)

Probably
WiiM better? May be yes may be not. The company that produces CS1
has been a top HiFi company since time immemorial.
Surely their DAC should be much better.
Other data, the weight of the CS1 is more than 1 Kg.
It's not just due to an aluminum cabinet. I believe ;)

Back