New Update *.513047

Ok did not look into dlna. No interest in that. I bet many people OTOH want their services, Amazon, Qobuz etc. to be streamed, chromecast, Alexacast at the highest possible value. Last I saw the CS1 does not do that. Further, many use these things near a tv and spdif-in toslink is great for that.

If the CS1 will work for you… fantastic! My point was/is it is a limited product. Again, no fanboy here - own both brands.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for quality over quantity (or a robust UPnP implementation at the very least) but we'll see.

There are a couple of bugs that seem to be around URL handling, one that affects my music server of choice (MinimServer) another that affects KODI/LibreELEC et al. Gapless performance is also not very robust but probably fine for real world use.

They're trying to offload the existing stock from their discontinued product lines so they can focus on their smart home products ;)

They're trying to offload the existing stock from their discontinued product lines so they can focus on their smart home products ;)
Makes no sense, but by all means you find any way you can to trash Wiim :ROFLMAO:

I'm helping out on this forum where I can so I certainly don't want to see it fail, I don't know why you would think that, unless by making any criticism of any aspect of the product is blasphemy.

I'm helping out on this forum where I can so I certainly don't want to see it fail, I don't know why you would think that, unless by making any criticism of any aspect of the product is blasphemy.
My reading of the comment above is that is was made in jest, similar to yours. Also, I’m sure WiiM welcome constructive criticism otherwise they wouldn’t have set up this forum nor their Facebook pages. The more feedback they get, hopefully the better they can make their products which in turn is good for sales.

Not a particularly helpful or constructive comment. That was my reading of it.

IMHO some of the problems complained about are due to too many features and protocol support. This is a field balkanized with too many offerings. A streamer needs to send out raw bit data and little else.

Last edited:
IMHO some of the problems complained about are due to too many features and protocol support. This is a field balkanized with too many offerings. A streamer needs to send out raw bot data and little else.
I agree. So many people with incredibly specific requirements, which they think are mainstream and should have been catered for. If you use it as it was designed it works perfectly and, to Wiim's credit, they are taking on board feedback and looking to improve all the time.
People expecting Wiim to anticipate and cater for every single 3rd party service out there is just crazy imho.

Back