Not getting sound from some albums.

dereck52

Hello all, could use some help. Just set up my new Wiim Pro earlier today. Running coax out to external dac. All was good for a while but now not getting sound from some albums I had listened to earlier today. Can’t find a fix in the settings, tried rebooting but still same results. Other albums are playing fine. Any suggestion?

Hello all, could use some help. Just set up my new Wiim Pro earlier today. Running coax out to external dac. All was good for a while but now not getting sound from some albums I had listened to earlier today. Can’t find a fix in the settings, tried rebooting but still same results. Other albums are playing fine. Any suggestion?
Hi.
Please tell me a little more about your situation to solve your problem.

Is that album streaming?
If so, what streaming are you using?
Also, What is the title of the album that has no sound?

If the album was stored on a PC or NAS, is the file there? Also, Are you playing on the WiiM app?

Hi Wilmer,it’s James Taylors Greatest Hits. Streaming from my Qobuz favorite. When it’s playing I can see the tracking moving but No sound. Thank you for respondin.

Hi Wilmer,it’s James Taylors Greatest Hits. Streaming from my Qobuz favorite. When it’s playing I can see the tracking moving but No sound. Thank you for respondin.
Thank you.

I think it's worth trying to clear the Qobuz app's cache, log out, reinstall it, etc.

I'm not using Qobuz, so I'll wait here for someone else to help. 🙂

Check the cables are in tight.
What happens if you use optical or rca instead of coax?
What happens if you limit the wiim coax output to, say, 48khz? (Just to test!)

Mr Ee, changing to 48khz fix it. Thank you so much. Now I can sleep tonight. Wiimer thank you for all your suggestions as well.
I'm guessing you probably don't want to fix (max) the wiim output at 48khz, but that implies at least an intermittent issue with high sample rate music.
At what point does it stop working? i.e. what max frequency in the wiim app?
For the albums that weren't working, what sample rate does the wiim app show?
What dac are you using? Is it possible it only accepts up to 96khz via coax?

Last edited:
Mr Ee, may have been a connection issue. Just trying to determine if it’s my cable with locking connectors or connector on the Wiim pro

Back