No sound via Line out

Welsheyboy

Set up Pro Plus for the first time today. It's streaming Amazon music ok via the app. I get sound into an amplifier via 'Optical Out', but I don't get any sound into an amplifier via 'Line Out'. I have checked the app settings to make sure 'Line Out' is selected, but can't hear anything. I have checked various forums and FAQs, but cannot find an answer to this problem. I have tried swapping the wires into different input sockets in the amplifier, none of which produced any sound. The CD player connected to the amplifier works perfectly so, knowing that, I disconnected the CD player and plugged the Wiim in its place so I know it's not the interconnect wires or the amplifier.

I've also tried rebooting and resetting to factory default and that makes no difference.

Any ideas?

On a side note: Did you enable MQA beta on purpose?

I don't think it's related (and in fact, enabling MQA beta also enables fixed output levels, which can lead to ... lets say ... unexpected results), but would still like to know. I really hope that this is a simple hardware defect and that you will receive a replacement unit. That's far better in my book then as if it would only work with some obscure settings, hidden so deep in the menus, that nobody of us is thinking about them.
Hi. I may be misremembering, but I think it had defaulted to 'MQA on' out of the box. Either way, I tried switching it off, in case it made a difference to the 'no sound' issue, but it didn't. The nice people at WiiM have indicated that they accept it's a hardware fault and it looks like I will get a replacement, but after supplying my details to them, I haven't heard back yet, so fingers crossed!

Hi. I may be misremembering, but I think it had defaulted to 'MQA on' out of the box. Either way, I tried switching it off, in case it made a difference to the 'no sound' issue, but it didn't. The nice people at WiiM have indicated that they accept it's a hardware fault and it looks like I will get a replacement, but after supplying my details to them, I haven't heard back yet, so fingers crossed!
If you don’t get a reply in a week or so, drop me your ticket number and I’ll escalate it to WiiM again.

Hi. I may be misremembering, but I think it had defaulted to 'MQA on' out of the box.
You could be right. I just found this to be the case at least with the latest Ultra firmware. Could be I missed this point in a previous version.

Also, things seem to get potentially "dangerous" just after selecting the "MQA capability":

IMG_20240721_134533.jpg

Yes, it tells you that fixed volume will be enabled, but you literally have to check the fine print.

Anyway, not related to you issue. I just didn't want to leave a loose end here.

It only gives me CD format even though Quobuz is high definition.

Use the RCA cable to the amplifier.

Do you know why?

Moderator note: @paoloinnocenzi Please post in English on this forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-13-21-30-22-462_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-13-21-30-22-462_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
It only gives me CD format even though Quobuz is high definition.

Use the RCA cable to the amplifier.

Do you know why?
Post in English, please. (Out of context, now the original post and quote have been translated.)

Unfortunately, not all content on Qobuz is available in HiRes. See here:

If a song is available in HiRes, the WiiM will play it. The output setting doesn't have any influence. Really.

Last edited:
Please post in English.

Unfortunately, not all content on Qobuz is available in HiRes. See here:

If a song is available in HiRes, the WiiM will play it. The output setting has no influence. Really.
You don't understand ☺️, any all high definition songs with RCA cable come out in CD quality.

Why?

Moderator note: @paoloinnocenzi Please post in English on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back