No sound via Line out

Welsheyboy

Set up Pro Plus for the first time today. It's streaming Amazon music ok via the app. I get sound into an amplifier via 'Optical Out', but I don't get any sound into an amplifier via 'Line Out'. I have checked the app settings to make sure 'Line Out' is selected, but can't hear anything. I have checked various forums and FAQs, but cannot find an answer to this problem. I have tried swapping the wires into different input sockets in the amplifier, none of which produced any sound. The CD player connected to the amplifier works perfectly so, knowing that, I disconnected the CD player and plugged the Wiim in its place so I know it's not the interconnect wires or the amplifier.

I've also tried rebooting and resetting to factory default and that makes no difference.

Any ideas?

I am learning Italian, so I know how difficult it is to communicate in another language. However, you are reducing the amount of help you will receive by writing in Italian on an English-language forum. The moderators have asked you not to write your posts in Italian, but you seem to ignore them.

Your screenshot shows what you are receiving from the stream. It has nothing to do with your choice of output. Check your stream account settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am learning Italian, so I know how difficult it is to communicate in another language. However, you are reducing the amount of help you will receive by writing in Italian on an English-language forum. The moderators have asked you not to write your posts in Italian, but you seem to ignore them.

Your screenshot shows what you are receiving from the stream. It has nothing to do with your choice of output. Check your stream account settings.

Moderator note: @paoloinnocenzi Please post in English on this forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-13-23-43-01-067_com.qobuz.music.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-13-23-43-01-067_com.qobuz.music.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 10
@Kampernaut One wonders when a similar question was asked earlier today and advice to check streaming settings was given viz. “…then on the Qobuz page in the WiiM app, choose the three bar overflow menu in the top left hand corner, then settings/streaming and set that to HiRes - 24 bits/ up to 192kHz so Qobuz will send higher resolution tracks to your WiiM device.”

Post in thread 'Bit Perfect Streaming with powered speakers plugged direct into line out'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...-plugged-direct-into-line-out.2006/post-71494

It was an example that didn't prove anything.

If you are serious and not just a troll, present a song on Qobuz that plays in HiRes with coaxial output selected, but in CD quality with analogue out selected.

So for no single person has been able to reproduce your findings, making them rather obscure.

It was an example that didn't prove anything.

If you're serious and not just a troll, submit a song on Qobuz that plays in HiRes with the coaxial output selected, but in CD quality with the analog output selected.

So no one has been able to reproduce your findings, which makes them quite obscure.
I ONLY use the RCA connection I can only use the RCA connection with the Roksan K3.

Moderator note: @paoloinnocenzi Please post in English on this forum.

@Kampernaut One wonders when a similar question was asked earlier today and advice to check streaming settings was given viz. “…then on the Qobuz page in the WiiM app, choose the three bar overflow menu in the top left hand corner, then settings/streaming and set that to HiRes - 24 bits/ up to 192kHz so Qobuz will send higher resolution tracks to your WiiM device.”

Post in thread 'Bit Perfect Streaming with powered speakers plugged direct into line out'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...-plugged-direct-into-line-out.2006/post-71494
Mmmm. It is very hard to communicate in anything other than your native language. Particularly on technical things. However, the translation tools are very good. Maybe he isn’t good with computers. Obviously, no effort is being made on his part.

I ONLY use the RCA connection I can only use the RCA connection with the Roksan K3.
Even with no device connected to any of the Ultra's outputs it will still play music from Qobuz and it will display the bit depth and the sample rate. So, disconnect all output cables from the Ultra for testing purposes.

Do not use the Qobuz app on your phone to stream music to your Ultra! The Android Qobuz app will use Google Cast for streaming. The Ultra uses Google's Cast 2.0 (also referred to as CastLite), which is limited to 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, depending on the source (at least as of now). See e.g. here:

Instead, open the WiiM Home App and go to the "Sfoglia" page. If Qobuz doesn't yet show up in the section "Servizi musicali", hit the "Gestisci" button, tap the toggle switch next to Qobuz and hit the back arrow in the top left. Next, select Qobuz and log into your account. Navigate to some HiRes music and play it. Take note of the bit depth and sampling frequency shown inside the WiiM Home App and on the touch screens. You might add some tracks to your favourites so you can get back to them easily.

Next, got to the "Disopositivo" page and hit the little gear icon next to the Ultra. Tap "Uscita audio" and select any of the available ouotputs. Go back to "Sfoglia", select Qobuz and play the very same songs, taking note of the bit depth and sampling frequency. Repeat this procedure for each single output. You should find that the bit depth and sampling rate are the same, no matter which output you select.

Just wanted to let you know that I've received a replacement and am very happy to say that it works fine.
I'd sure love to get a replacement. Have been in touch with Support but haven't heard from them recently about my continuing issues with Line in/out dropouts that I have been commenting on in other threads. Not constant but enough so it's frustrating when it happens.

Back