Periodically losing sound on HDMI Arc

Spacemoose

I've had the amp for a hand full of days. Didn't have issues for a couple of movie nights. All worked fine.

Today it started. Sound cuts out for about 2-3 seconds every about 5 minutes.

I've rebooted. I've updated. I've disconnected all other sources. It persists.

Any ideas?

Hi, I have the same problem after the new update, sound dropouts every 8 to 13 minutes, sometimes very short and sometimes for 2 seconds, but only via hdmi and toslink, everything via ethernet works without dropouts. I left the app open during the sound dropouts and saw that the pause/play button on the hdmi input automatically goes into pause briefly and then back into play during the sound dropouts. It also seems to me that it happens more often in the first 45 minutes and then no longer or not at all. Also wrote a ticket already, I hope that my firmware can be reset to the previous one.

Hi Team,

The issue has been fixed in the latest versions released today (Aug. 5th). The WiiM Amp firmware is now 5.0.625359, and the WiiM Ultra firmware is 5.2.625360. Please check if this resolves the issue. If not, please contact us.
It looks like it is working. Very good work and thanks for the quick fix!

Hi, Within the last 14 days I have got the same problem. My WiiM Amp's firmware is 5.0.629943 - so it's still an issue

Hi, Within the last 14 days I have got the same problem. My WiiM Amp's firmware is 5.0.629943 - so it's still an issue
Hi,

Is your system running on a beta firmware? I think the latest firmware for the AMP is 5.0.628359

Last edited:
Bought my WiiM Amp a month ago. Set it up to auto update.
How to install previous versions of firmware?

Back