Poor Wi-Fi reception

TSHRED

The only knock I found on the Pro Plus is that it does not have very good Wi-Fi reception.

I have the Ultra downstairs with a direct ethernet connection so that's fine of course. The Pro Plus is upstairs.

I don't have the ideal situation with a two-story house and opposite ends of the house. I have an ASUS as my router downstairs.

My desktop computer is upstairs also and it has a Wi-Fi card with antennas on it and it does fine.

I have an extra ASUS router. It is also mesh capable but I got so frustrated trying to connect them that I've given up.

😢

The only knock I found on the Pro Plus is that it does not have very good Wi-Fi reception.

I have the Ultra downstairs with a direct ethernet connection so that's fine of course. The Pro Plus is upstairs.

I don't have the ideal situation with a two-story house and opposite ends of the house. I have an ASUS as my router downstairs.

My desktop computer is upstairs also and it has a Wi-Fi card with antennas on it and it does fine.

I have an extra ASUS router. It is also mesh capable but I got so frustrated trying to connect them that I've given up.

😢
Do speed test and are you getting advertised speed your paying? If I were you, bypass auto channel and choose channel that no one use. No matter how expensive your router on auto channel will pick the congested one and when you speedtest you get half the speed.

I have no issues with my Pro+ using wifi 5 GHz. The connection is shown as „very good“ in the app. The challenge is your rather suboptimal wifi constellation. You need either an extender or an access point on the upper floor. This is usually quite easy to realise and worth the effort.

Back