RC - L/R separate channels (measurements)

I-need-money

Hello everyone,
I am concerned about the room correction for separate channels. Currently, I am measuring and correcting with the UMIK-1 microphone and the House Curve application. Everything at the listening position and 5 measuring points. So far, in stereo mode, after checking the EQ, the result matches the theoretical graph.

When I perform measurements and correction for separate channels (also at the listening position), after summing it up, I get very ugly results. Huge peaks on the bass in completely new places.
For the time being, I have given up on this correction mode.
I would like to point out that each channel measured separately gives a good result after correction.
I would be grateful for your comments.

Best regards

Hello everyone,
I am concerned about the room correction for separate channels. Currently, I am measuring and correcting with the UMIK-1 microphone and the House Curve application. Everything at the listening position and 5 measuring points. So far, in stereo mode, after checking the EQ, the result matches the theoretical graph.

When I perform measurements and correction for separate channels (also at the listening position), after summing it up, I get very ugly results. Huge peaks on the bass in completely new places.
For the time being, I have given up on this correction mode.
I would like to point out that each channel measured separately gives a good result after correction.
I would be grateful for your comments.

Best regards
I think I've seen a similar thing. It could be caused by the bass frequencies being highly correlated in both channels so they sum differently when both channels are playing. You would expect two channels to be 3dB louder than a single channel but at bass frequencies it can be 6dB louder.

Back