Room correction and mic practice

Fralle

As this person points out, there are many questions that Wiim isn't very specific about:

YouTube Link

Should I use the main microphone located at the bottom of my Android phone or the one at the top? Is it "better" to use iOS or Android? Would an iPad (although I'm not sure where the microphone is located on the 9th generation) have better microphones than an iPhone or Android phone? How far should you hold the device from your head?

If I buy an external microphone like the Dayton Audio IMM-6, would that improve things significantly? I'm not very keen on going through the whole calibration process since reading about it gives me a mild migraine.

Android phones are many and various, so you're better sticking to a known quantity like the Dayton Audio Imm-6 but make sure you get the right version for your phone - usb-c or TRRS.

It's a relatively small investment for better results - even without the ability to load the calibration file. See https://forum.wiimhome.com/posts/77706/

So even without the calibration file you think this will give me better resaults than just usinng an ipad or android?

Witch target curve are you using ? (Flat, Harman, B&K... ), wich freq. response ? and witch gain ? 0 to 10 dB... This is an interesting software, but there´s not a lot of info how to configure it... a compreensive tutorial would help...

Actually I had no idea you had to select gain etc. Total newbie and I thougt this was gonna be easy😂

Actually I had no idea you had to select gain etc. Total newbie and I thougt this was gonna be easy😂
You don't "need" to set gain. You can leave it at default at first. You need to experiment to find out what works best for you.

You don't "need" to set gain. You can leave it at default at first. You need to experiment to find out what works best for you.
Yes, but some people say 10dB is to much...that should be 3 or 4 dB max...and that frq. response sould be 300 to 400 Hz...otherwise we will be changing to much of the speakers" own" sound...

Yes, but some people say 10dB is to much...that should be 3 or 4 dB max...and that frq. response sould be 300 to 400 Hz...otherwise we will be changing to much of the speakers" own" sound...
10dB is the maximum, it doesn't necessarily mean it will use 10dB. Nothing is set in stone. Try different things.

You also risk severe distortion if your amp can't handle the power requirements.

Where can I find and run full sound spectrum to run, to make a measurement? I have micro i6MMc + AudioTool app

Back