Room correction question

krismusic

I may be being dense. Selecting the different target curves doesn't seem to make any difference to the sound. Am I missing something?

Hopefully this is what you asked for. The thing is, I hear no difference at all between the two settings. Maybe I have tin rates!

Well, the curves are not „fundamentally“ different! And the loudspeakers the Amp and - especially - the room is the same. So the correction can and should not be that different. On one the base is a bit less corrected. Based on the graphics, your base around 50Hz is bloated, as in many room setups - in mine too. So WiiM corrects that…
On one curve, the base is a bit less corrected. You should be able to hear that.

For me the most important question is: how does it sound? It should be cleaner, clearer a bit fuller (due to the correction at around 100Hz) and broader better soundstage!

For me the B&K curve is the most natural…

Last edited:
I see only one measurement and one correction so far. No indication of what target curve has been used.

As @alpha_zulu has pointed out, it would be helpful to see the results for different target curves (and the selected correction range).

I see only one measurement and one correction so far. No indication of what target curve has been used.

As @alpha_zulu has pointed out, it would be helpful to see the results for different target curves (and the selected correction range).
There are 2 curves - at least I see 2.

I see 4 curves, all related to one measurement: Target, Measured, Equalization, Predicted.

What else can you see?
Oh sorry. To be clear: 2 charts with obviously 4 curves each with 2 different targets (2. chart is I guess B&K)… 😅

Oh sorry. To be clear: 2 charts with obviously 4 curves each with 2 different targets (2. chart is I guess B&K)… 😅
I didn't care to follow this imgur link and since this is highly volatile for the future I won't comment any further.

Well, the curves are not „fundamentally“ different! And the loudspeakers the Amp and - especially - the room is the same. So the correction can and should not be that different. On one the base is a bit less corrected. Based on the graphics, your base around 50Hz is bloated, as in many room setups - in mine too. So WiiM corrects that…
On one curve, the base is a bit less corrected. You should be able to hear that.

For me the most important question is: how does it sound? It should be cleaner, clearer a bit fuller (due to the correction at around 100Hz) and broader better soundstage!

For me the B&K curve is the most natural…
I think it's my faulty old ears. To me, the sound is thinner rather than fuller. Probably more "accurate". Turns out I like a bit of reinforcement at 50Hz so I have dialed a bit of that back in. My room is poor acoustically. I really need to do some room treatment. Quite difficult to know what I need. From those graphs, can you tell which frequencies are problematic? The room has a lot of echo. I have discovered that 4khz is bouncing around all over the place. Reducing it in EQ helps but robs the music of life. Many thanks if you are prepared to give my tribulations thought. Appreciated.
I meant audio output e.g. line out, optical, coax or Bluetooth
AFAIK casting from my phone via WiFi. The Wiim doesn't show in Bluetooth and there is no other connection between phone and amp. Annoyingly my technical knowledge is very limited. Apologies if I am not giving you sensible info.
What Loudspeakers are in use?
Dali Opticon 2 Mk2

Ok. Rather small bookshelf speakers that can't be particularly powerful in the bass range. According to the data sheet, the roll-off is 59 HZ (- 3dB).
The main difference between the two target curves is that Harman wants to boost the bass range more than B&K. Due to the small design of your speakers, this is only possible to a limited extent. Perhaps this explains why you can't hear any noticeable difference.

AFAIK casting from my phone via WiFi. The Wiim doesn't show in Bluetooth and there is no other connection between phone and amp. Annoyingly my technical knowledge is very limited. Apologies if I am not giving you sensible info.
Question was: How does the sound comes OUT of your WiiM to your Amplifier?

Ok. Rather small bookshelf speakers that can't be particularly powerful in the bass range. According to the data sheet, the roll-off is 59 HZ (- 3dB).
The main difference between the two target curves is that Harman wants to boost the bass range more than B&K. Due to the small design of your speakers, this is only possible to a limited extent. Perhaps this explains why you can't hear any noticeable difference.

Back