Room correction question

That's the idea of proper RC.

Are you using this 5+ grand sub with a WiiM Amp?

Thank you harkpast for clearing this up.
I am using a wiim pro+ coax to audiolab 6000a/8300xp and speaker level to the sub. I had a rel t5x but I was gifted the velodyne by a friend who is scaling down his second system.

Thank you harkpast for clearing this up.
I am using a wiim pro+ coax to audiolab 6000a/8300xp and speaker level to the sub. I had a rel t5x but I was gifted the velodyne by a friend who is scaling down his second system.
Quite a different setup then compared to the WiiM Amp (this thread is in a WiiM Amp sub-forum). The WiiM Amp - contrary to the Pro Plus - has it's own bass management with high pass filtering for the mains.

My recommendation regarding RC with the Pro Plus remains the same. Do it with your complete system pre-adjusted and running the sub.

Edit:
Did your friend also hand you over the measuring hardware for the DD+ 12?

Last edited:
Quite a different setup then compared to the WiiM Amp (this thread is in a WiiM Amp sub-forum). The WiiM Amp - contrary to the Pro Plus - has it's own bass management with high pass filtering for the mains.

My recommendation regarding RC with the Pro Plus remains the same. Do it with your complete system pre-adjusted and running the sub.

Edit:
Did your friend also hand you over the measuring hardware for the DD+ 12?
Apologies for hijacking the thread. Yes, I have the microphone and downloaded the sweep tone off the velodyne website.

Apologies for hijacking the thread. Yes, I have the microphone and downloaded the sweep tone off the velodyne website.
According to the pictures I've seen the mic might actually be a MiniDSP UMIK-1 and if this is the cases it should even work with the WiiM Home app, leading to better measurements. But don't take my word for it.

What crossover frequency did you dial in on the Velodyne? You could also try to use the Velodyne AutoEQ first and then apply WiiM RC, potentially rasing the lower limit to your sub's crossover frequency.

If I was in your shoes I'd probably try it both ways. :)

Back