Screen off with remote not working (Solved)

SansuiSushi

I have a WiiM Ultra, just about come to terms with it now, but I see things in the patch notes I don't have in my app, one of those things the patch notes say you can turn the screen off with the power button, I do that the music stops?

Until they make it look decent with options, I'm not interested in the screen except for volume and bitrate. What am I doing wrong?

Also can't find this screen anywhere (posted elsewhere)

1723633560650.png

Firmware Version 5.2.625658
Build Date 20240808
App Version: 2.11.0.240805.873131

Last edited:
If you want to turn the screen off use the screen to go to the screen's home page (swipe right), choose Screen, then turn screen display off.
Tap the screen to turn it back on.
The power one is meant for whether you want the clock or not when you turn it "off" (i.e. in standby).

Ahh that's what it's for, thank you, that's a much better explaination than the patch notes.

Finally, a clean front panel its been driving me crazy.

Picture instructions for future seekers.

20240814_121731.jpg

I personally think it needs rewording to "Turn Display Off"

Does yours also skip two volume points? 23 > 25, does it on my chromecast remote too, another reason I wanted to turn the screen off because I can't make it land on a good number like 0 or 5 🤣

Does yours also skip two volume points? 23 > 25, does it on my chromecast remote too, another reason I wanted to turn the screen off because I can't make it land on a good number like 0 or 5 🤣
I raised a ticket with wiim about this issue. Might be an idea to do that too. The more people that report this as an issue the better. Cheers

Back