Slight skip when starting a new song on Ultra

joseisawesome21

I've only tested Qobuz and Tidal so far with Tidal having this issue slightly less frequently, but when I change the song sometimes it'll skip the first half second or so of the song. This happens less frequently when I have a series of songs queued but can sometimes still happen. Anyone else have this issue? I have it hard wired with an ethernet cable in hopes a direct connection would prevent the skips in the beginning of songs.

I've only tested Qobuz and Tidal so far with Tidal having this issue slightly less frequently, but when I change the song sometimes it'll skip the first half second or so of the song. This happens less frequently when I have a series of songs queued but can sometimes still happen. Anyone else have this issue? I have it hard wired with an ethernet cable in hopes a direct connection would prevent the skips in the beginning of songs.
Welcome.
Tidal Conect, or tidal within wiim app?
I use both extensively, but can't say I've noticed this issue.
I am a bit of a serial skipper... somehow once I start skipping it's quite hard to stop.

Welcome.
Tidal Conect, or tidal within wiim app?
I use both extensively, but can't say I've noticed this issue.
I am a bit of a serial skipper... somehow once I start skipping it's quite hard to stop.
I've only used Tidal from within the app, through Tidal connect would it have all the same features and benefits as within the wiim app?? Ultimately it's not a huge issue but oh well haha.

I've only used Tidal from within the app, through Tidal connect would it have all the same features and benefits as within the wiim app?? Ultimately it's not a huge issue but oh well haha.
Really, tidal connect simply allows you to use the tidal app directly rather than wiim's integration with tidal.
Pros and cons to each, the biggest cons, for me, to the wiim app is not seeing Daily Discovery in the my mixes area and not having a Like buton directly on the now playing screen.
It must be possible, bubbleupnp does both!

Just the other night I played My Collection in shuffle mode from the wiim app (preset 1, so easy to just get music started!) and even though it's essentially a playlist of everything I've liked in Tidal I pressed skip...
Don't know what I was wanting to hear, but I reckon I must have pressed skip about 25 more times, often just a second or so into each song.
But I can't say I recall any song starting half a sec or so into it.

So, sorry, not much help!
Maybe reproduce it and send fedback to wiim from the app so they can inspect the logs.

Back