Sound drops out regularly

Since the initial immediate PHONO drop out occurred after reverting back to the previous firmware, I've had no other issues. Including on PHONO. The Ultra has been perfect.

Would be reasonable to assume that the issues were related to the latest firmware.

Well, I cannot rule that out but I don't think that's the problem. I have quite an advanced Wifi setup with 5 AP's in total and a 1Gbit fiber connection.
Wifi speed is not an issue here :)

Just got a firmware update, testing that now.

Edit: Same problem, TuneIn just cut out for a second or two. Firmware 5.2.627753
Ask Support to revert back to previous firmware 5.2.626448

Well unfortunately I just now have experienced two dropouts using Line In with the previous firmware
Upsetting. I will be following up on my ticket with this information.
☹️

Problem with me got worse so I did a full reset of the Ultra.

It's been playing for half an hour now without any sound dropouts.
Fingers crossed...

Still no issues.

Funny thing though, spot the error:
IMG_3888.jpeg
(Haven't touched those settings)

Would a weak WiFi signal affect all inputs such as phono and Line In? My signal showed as weak today which is a little weird as I have fiber and enjoy extremely fast internet speeds. But I’ll happily connect via ethernet if that stabilizes things.

Looks like I'll be using ethernet connection for the future. Fine with me. Whatever it takes not to experience anymore dropouts.

Looks like I'll be using ethernet connection for the future. Fine with me. Whatever it takes not to experience anymore dropouts.
Well still suffering the occasional Line In drop out even connected to Ethernet. Will continue to speak with support in the hopes of saving this Ultra.

Well, had to cut the power in my house for some work and when the network came back up the Ultra connected with 5ghz band.

World of pain again :( A lot of audio dropouts again.

Had to reset the device (again) and luckily it connected to the 2.4ghz band. So far no dropouts...

Had to reset the device (again) and luckily it connected to the 2.4ghz band. So far no dropouts...
There's no need to reset the WiiM Ultra just to change the network connection.
  1. Make sure that your phone (running the WiiM Home App) is connected to the network you want to use with your Ultra.
  2. Press the play/pause button on the Ultra for three seconds to put it into setup mode.
  3. Open the WiiM Home App on your phone and follow the on screen advice.
It's really simple, just make sure to not press the button for 10 seconds or longer or you will initiate a reset, again.

Last edited:
Well, had to cut the power in my house for some work and when the network came back up the Ultra connected with 5ghz band.

World of pain again :( A lot of audio dropouts again.

Just in case others are experiencing this issue my ultra also gets better connection strength on 2.4ghz band.

I was having many drop out issues until I decided to put the Ultra in a different spot in my room and that seems to have helped because things are running flawlessly. I obviously have some weaker spots in my listening area for Wi-Fi then in others. With the router in a completely different room, connecting via Ethernet just isn't practical.

Any thought that this might be another option for those looking for possible solutions.

Back