Switch to TIDAL connect !

I'm just saying that Tidal is not an alternative for Airplay and vice versa.

I'm not even an iPhone user, but appreciated Airplay to stream my MacBook's system audio now and then.

"Just switch to Sonos" why? That's probably the worst solution to give on a WiiM forum. There's still the Pro and Mini.
Sonos doesn’t make preamps, and their amp is not interesting at the price.

But I already have their streamer.

I'm just saying that Tidal is not an alternative for Airplay and vice versa.

I'm not even an iPhone user, but appreciated Airplay to stream my MacBook's system audio now and then.

"Just switch to Sonos" why? That's probably the worst solution to give on a WiiM forum. There's still the Pro and Mini.

Yes you're right, sometimes we can forget that the other streamers in the portfolio still offer Airplay without a fuss. thanks for clarifying that.

My point is that there are lots of offended members blaming WiiM for the lack of Airplay support on the Ultra, without stoping to think that its an Apple thing, not a WiiM thing.

All of you who are dissapointed that the Ultra wont have the lossy airplay 2, try switch to TIDAL connect - much better convenience and a better sound . I dont regret my switch .
Thanks for the tip, appreciate it. I'm going to check out TIDAL connect as Amazon Music seems to have challenges, although the latest SW update did make it far better, so hats off to WiiM for recognizing the issue and working on it. Any way to export a playlist from Apple music and import it into TIDAL? Probably dreaming haha

I just switched from Spotify to Tidal and am using Tidal Connect. Haven't had the chance to configure it yet as my Ultra just arrived today. But at least it's working.

Solo digo que Tidal no es una alternativa para Airplay y viceversa.

Ni siquiera soy usuario de iPhone, pero aprecio Airplay para transmitir el audio del sistema de mi MacBook de vez en cuando.

"Cámbiate a Sonos", ¿por qué? Probablemente sea la peor solución que se puede dar en un foro de WiiM. Todavía quedan los modelos Pro y Mini.
Según WiiM en el futuro WiiM Ultras tendrá Air Play 2.

Amazon Music has AlexaCast, which works perfectly and is integrated in the Amazon Echo system.
Tell me more :). Does this allow me to say to my Echo "Alexa play _____" and I'll hear it through my Ultra instead of the Echo? Because that's what I need.

Tell me more :). Does this allow me to say to my Echo "Alexa play _____" and I'll hear it through my Ultra instead of the Echo? Because that's what I need.
Yes, you can.

Please create a group of rooms in the Alexa app and set the speaker for music to Ultra.

See the first half of this post, before it starts talking about the Echo Link

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/...usic-problems-getting-started.2016/post-30459

And

Assuming one listens to old records recorded in 16 bit/44.1kHz, how can Hires help improve the sound? Putting the original music in a Hi-res container doesnt make it better. This whole Apple format is lossy talk and thus sounds terrible compared to Hires streaming platforms seems to me completelly exagerated. I would love to see someone do an actual blind test ABing Lossy vs Lossless

Assuming one listens to old records recorded in 16 bit/44.1kHz, how can Hires help improve the sound? Putting the original music in a Hi-res container doesnt make it better. This whole Apple format is lossy talk and thus sounds terrible compared to Hires streaming platforms seems to me completelly exagerated. I would love to see someone do an actual blind test ABing Lossy vs Lossless
Its not a day and night difference but in long therm listening to music you can hear that TIDAL connect or Quobus is better , the listening fatigue is lower.

Also , TIDAL connect is much more convenient compared to using AirPlay and Apple music because your iPhone/ iPad dont loose any battery while playing.

I also think that one should not support companies that are not hifi enthusiasts - read: Apple music and spotify. But this is only my opinion.
Further, nowadays the price differences between different streaming sources are very small.

Last edited:
Back