The Trouble with cables

scoita

Good day. Received the wiim pro a few days ago and was surprised when attempted to attach a chord signature coaxial cable - as the connection post is recessed into inside of the wiim pro it’s them almost impossible to fit the cable. I ended up having to use a cheaper Chord clearway coaxial and roughly cut off the plastic section by 10 mm to allow the cable to fit through the wiim pro hole and secure it in place. I can’t be the first person to have had this problem ?

The only way is to avoid cables with a kind of "barrel" plugs, commonly used with "audiophile" cables. Some of them will not fit.

The only way is to avoid cables with a kind of "barrel" plugs, commonly used with "audiophile" cables. Some of them will not fit.
Indeed. I’m learning the hard way. First time I’ve ever seen “internally” placed posts. Option b is disassemble the pro and manually file out the diameter of the hole in the chassis so as to allow fitting of better cables.

Indeed. I’m learning the hard way. First time I’ve ever seen “internally” placed posts. Option b is disassemble the pro and manually file out the diameter of the hole in the chassis so as to allow fitting of better cables.
Yeah, maybe Linkplay will consider some adjustments in a future revision. Please make some photos of internals if you decide to modify the chassis.

Io sto notando saltuarie interruzioni di comunicazione via coassiale verso il dac esterno. Suona e sub certo punto anche se il wiim continua la traccia al dac non arriva più segnale… avete idea? Questo solo dopo aggiornamento di ieri sera

Yikes, I just ordered a Bluejeans coaxial cable for my WiiM. Anyone know if this will fit? It doesn't look too chunky.

rcaphoriznew.png

Back