The WiiM Pro Plus centered system I built

TSHRED

My ever evolving vintage/modern system.

WiiM Pro Plus directly into the vintage NAD 2200 amp (Lab in) that drives a pair of vintage A/D/S L1090 speakers.

I have a cheap sub, a Polk Audio PS10, but it does the job. I've got it in the fireplace we never use. 😜

I adjust the EQ separate for the TV optical than the Ethernet which is a handy option in the WiiM Pro Plus.

That's an NVIDIA Shield and a Sennheiser remote headphone base station.

I added the AC little fans just to bring some heat out of there a little bit.

I've got to say that this sounds very good and it sounds so good that I'm going to stay with this configuration for a while. Fantastic clarity and sound stage. I can hear the individual instruments so well.

Very happy with my WiiM. It was the best addition I've ever made. 20240616_102618.jpg20240616_102919.jpg20240616_102225.jpg20240616_102233.jpg20240616_102311.jpg

This system makes my A/D/S sing!

No.
I just figured the less filtering the better.
I'd really like to know. 😊

Companies like e.g. Naim did advocate limited bandwidth power amplifiers for a long time. Less is more is generally not a bad approach, but not in all cases.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any assumptions, I'm just genuinely curious.

Companies like e.g. Naim did advocate limited bandwidth power amplifiers for a long time. Less is more is generally not a bad approach, but not in all cases.

I'll give it a try and report back in the next few days.

I just tried the other inputs on the 2200. I really can't hear any difference.

Still sounds awesome

Back