Top 3 currently missing features

Is this for features on the current hardware as it exists as it seems to be expanding into areas that can’t be supported like AV and universal remote control?
I mean sth. like Sofabaton remote controller where you can search and pair a bluetooth device from the list. Maybe I'm wrong but I do not think that this feature require changes in Wiim devices. Sofabaton is compatible with more than 60k devices. Why Wiimi can't be compatible as well.

I mean sth. like Sofabaton remote controller where you can search and pair a bluetooth device from the list. Maybe I'm wrong but I do not think that this feature require changes in Wiim devices. Sofabaton is compatible with more than 60k devices. Why Wiimi can't be compatible as well.
Because Bluetooth remotes aren’t like IR remotes in my experience - for example, for my harmony hub to support my fire tv Bluetooth remote, I understand Logitech had to work with Amazon. Wiim’s remotes are made by a third party who would then need to liaise with Logitech, Sofabaton or whoever and to my knowledge this hasn’t happened or is possible. This topic has been discussed many times already in the forum so I wouldn’t hold out any hope of a direct solution. There are some alternatives like using Home assistant and the WiiM http api (as I and others have done) but it’s not easy to achieve and still only provides a partial solution.

Is it compatible with BT LE?

Which as I suggest above is like the search for the Holy Grail…
Not necessarily I think, because BTLE uses a client-server architecture afaik which can be debugged with BT tools. Of course it will be much more difficult in case of the non standard proprietary protocol.

Similarly to reading apps, would Bookmarks be possible so that when interrupting any album or playlist for whatever reason, we could return to the current or next track to be played?

Occasionally I might be listening to a playlist and want to briefly check out a song or artist elsewhere.

Personally, I would focus on creating an elegant app for Tidal/Qobuz integration with the ability to create relevant playlists on the fly. Like the track radio feature that the native tidal app has.

The other important factor for me would be firmware optimizations targeting sound quality. Efficient resource optimization to reduce noise, jitter, imd and other relevant metrics.

Last edited:
I am not opposed to your suggestion, but in many cases the auto-sensing of inputs works, and I expect that if "smart preset" are added in future updates, that input/output switching button will be of little use.

So I would like to see that space used for more other applications in the future. For example, the smart preset buttons could be placed in place of the output switch. 😄
I feel there's plenty of real estate on the Now Playing screen... But if not, then maybe the screen can scroll to add features we haven't even mentioned yet. Like it does on the Spotify app (and most others).

Back