Ultra Airplay

schminkel17

I currently have the mini and I wanted to get the Ultra for the USB out and room correction. The issue is I use Apple music so airplay is kind of a necessity. I know they said that this current hardware version will never be able to get airplay. Do you guys think they will come out with an updated version with airplay relatively soon, like within a year? Obviously this is speculation but I am curious on your thoughts. It just seems like such a big omission, especially when it was supposed to have airplay at release, that they need to update it relatively soon.

I currently have the mini and I wanted to get the Ultra for the USB out and room correction. The issue is I use Apple music so airplay is kind of a necessity. I know they said that this current hardware version will never be able to get airplay. Do you guys think they will come out with an updated version with airplay relatively soon, like within a year? Obviously this is speculation but I am curious on your thoughts. It just seems like such a big omission, especially when it was supposed to have airplay at release, that they need to update it relatively soon.
If AirPlay is a must-have feature for you, please use a device that has it. Why should others guess? And who knows?

You can use the Bluetooth input on your ultra and stream Apple Music to it that way. I use Qobuz personally. My wife doesn’t give a hoot about high res audio. When she wants to listen to music she switches the input to Bluetooth and uses that from her phone. But yes whatever streamer WiiM releases next will have airplay.

Wouldn't 'next' be the wiim amp pro? Or does that not really count as it's not really a new product as such?
:devilish:

Since you have the mini, run the mini into the Ultra and stream AirPlay to that.

Mini can be connected to ultra via optical and that will give you airplay plus all features that comes with ultra will be functional.

The only people who can answer your question are WiiM themselves, have you asked them via the feedback section of the WiiM Home app?

You can use the Bluetooth input on your ultra and stream Apple Music to it that way. I use Qobuz personally. My wife doesn’t give a hoot about high res audio. When she wants to listen to music she switches the input to Bluetooth and uses that from her phone. But yes whatever streamer WiiM releases next will have airplay.
The only issue with that is my wife and I are on a family plan for cost and she would prefer to keep Apple music and she likes the convenience of airplay. Not having to disconnect and connect other bluetooth devices, and I tend to agree. Yea I would have to agree with that. Especially since the original press release said it would come with airplay I have a feeling they won't mess that up again.

Still curious about the real reason the AirPlay feature on the Ultra got canned. I suspect it has something to do with the Airplay streaming functionality on the other devices (that also got canned).

The Mini, Pro/Pro Plus, and Amp were released with the ability to use Airplay as an output. You could use it to Airplay to a Homepod (so you could use the EQ and such in the WiiM). They removed that feature this year.
They weren’t released with that feature, it was added in later firmware updates well after release and not for the mini, nor could you apply EQ when outputting over AirPlay. Those facts apart, you’re correct 😉🤣

They weren’t released with that feature, it was added in later firmware updates well after release and not for the mini, nor could you apply EQ when outputting over AirPlay. Those facts apart, you’re correct 😉🤣
I swear I used that on my mini at one point. Apparently not lol oops 😬

Back